Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[approved, In Bitdefender 2013] Virtual Keyboard

Options

Hello my subscription for kaspersky internet security is running out in a couple of weeks i have used kaspersky for about five years so far.So i thought i would try bitdefender and i like it a lot so far but there are a couple of things that i think it should have.

1] to be able to shut bitdefender down via right clicking on the toolbar icon i don't see how this is a problem and should be there.

2] a proper sanbox function like what kaspersky has were you can browse the internet easily in the sandbox and have an option to create another firefox tab that is sanboxed on your desktop ready for action

3] a virtual keyboard that you can access straight from your browser toolbar i used to use it a lot for banking entering passwords ect

i really like bitdefender so far but these things are a deal breaker for me from what i can tell at the moment the sandbox function doesnt work i cant shut the program down when i want to install other software so there you go thank you.

Comments

• 1]to be able to shut down bitdefender or pause protection for what ever time you choose say in hours or until next system reboot .

• LordNakhlan
    Options
    Hello my subscription for kaspersky internet security is running out in a couple of weeks i have used kaspersky for about five years so far.So i thought i would try bitdefender and i like it a lot so far but there are a couple of things that i think it should have.

1] to be able to shut bitdefender down via right clicking on the toolbar icon i don't see how this is a problem and should be there.

2] a proper sanbox function like what kaspersky has were you can browse the internet easily in the sandbox and have an option to create another firefox tab that is sanboxed on your desktop ready for action

3] a virtual keyboard that you can access straight from your browser toolbar i used to use it a lot for banking entering passwords ect

i really like bitdefender so far but these things are a deal breaker for me from what i can tell at the moment the sandbox function doesnt work i cant shut the program down when i want to install other software so there you go thank you.

1. Why do you need to shut BitDefender down? As long as a computer has access to the internet, you are vulnerable, so I don't see the need to ever completely shut down the program. You can also view BitDefender's resource consumption in program and usually it is fairly minimal anyway. If you need to temporarily restrict some of its functions to allow you to do things that it might somehow block, then you can do that also.

2. I have never had experience using a sandbox, so I'm not entirely sure why you want this. Can you explain? I noticed that BitDefender automatically tells you in browser what sites are potentially malicious and others that are safe.

3. Please explain the use of a virtual keyboard? Is it to prevent or otherwise mitigate keylogging? I was under the impression that a virtual keyboard would still transmit characters, but I do suppose that a well-designed virtual keyboard could transmit the characters encrypted. I could see this feature as potentially useful if that is indeed the case.

• columbo
    Options

I have found that ticking a couple of times to disable the AV component in Bitdefender, and in my case to run a second opinion scan, is not a deal breaker, as I only do that every so often. Would it be handy, yes, but for how infrequently I would use it, is a non factor.

I personally use a password manager (not Firefoxe's) so having a virtual keyboard would be an add-on that I would seldom use. Yet If I really thought I needed it, I could pin Windows On-Screen Keyboard to the Start Menu or Quick Launch bar and use that free version to log in to banking etc. websites.

Also, this dovetails into using B.D. Sandbox, is a feature that I seldom use in the sense that LordNakhlan pointed out, that Bitdefender's antiphishing is a very good web scanner, with some very high marks..so again, for me, these are not deal breakers as far as Bitdefender.

Just my thoughts :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I am going to review those requests:

1. Declined. That is a security breach. With a small .vbs ****** you can turn off any software from system tray.

2. A feature request has been made for this. Thank you.

3. Also, for this I have made a request.

Take care.

• Adding a Virtual Keyboard to BitDefender will indeed be very useful as key-logging is a very real danger, especially on computers used by multiple users.

Yes you can instal a generic virtual keyboard as there are quite a few available. However, most of those are triggering the same event as a hardware keyboard, events that can be easily logged. That's why it would be really useful to have a virtual keyboard integrated into BitDefender (that would send encrypted events, just like LordNakhlan pointed out). And since Kaspersky already implemented this feature a few years ago, i think it wouldn't be awfully complicated to do that.

It's not a deal breaker but it would be really appreciated by some.

• rootkit
    Options

We are working on something that is far more advanced than a banal virtual keyboard. I can not tell you for now what it is because this information is not public but I think you will love it when it will see the "light" for the first time.

Thank you.

• columbo
    Options

That sounds intriguing, can't wait to see what it is :) and as divatz and LordNakhlan pointed out, Windows keyboard is not secure...so I've been finding out. ;)

• rootkit
    Options

I have now a confirmation.

This request will be taken in consideration for the next iteration of Bitdefender consumer products.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Virtual Keyboard may also bypass hardware keyloggers.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back.

A hardware keylogger is difficult to "plant", indeed a virtual keyboard will solve the issue.

We will see.

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

With Bitdefender Safepay, you have a standalone browser that you can use to make payments over internet and a virtual keyboard integrated in it.

http://beta2013.bitdefender.com/OrientationGuide.pdf

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.