Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is The Rescue Cd Included In Bitdefender Cd-rom-in A Box Version?

Options
alpha1!*
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Hi,

I have an infected pc which I cleaned with the rescue cd of another security software brand.

That one asked to disinfect PRIOR to install, so I rebooted into this software's cd, was found in a linux environment, my pc was cleaned and then I installed this software.

Nevertheless now I cannot update its virus definitions and I will switch to some other product.

Because I suspect my pc wasn't cleaned that well after all, I'd like to switch to a product that includes a scanning option for infected systems, so that to clean install it, so to speak.

I saw in yr web site that bitdefender offers a rescue cd but I think this is an option AFTER installation, is that so?

I mean, if I buy the retail version cd-rom-in-a box of bitdefender, does it include the rescue cd?

If yes, shall I install first and then scan for viruses, and is that safe?

Tks for any advise

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to our forums.

The retail version of Bitdefender 2012 has Rescue CD included on the disk.

Also, if you manage to install the product first, you can use Rescue Mode to scan the machine without the need of a physical disk in the unit.

You have all the details here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31832

Thank you.

• alpha1!*
    edited February 2012
    Options

"If I manage to install the product first", means that if my pc is infected the product would not install? Or it might be installed but compromised?

Do I have the option to scan before installing with the physical cd?

Or I'll be obliged to do so only if I cannot install in the first place?

If I cannot install do I have the option to scan, disinfect and eventually then install?

If I install and then use rescue mode, is this actually disinfecting because it runs outside windows? Does this work even though after installation?

I did read yr links as above, but could not find the answers to previous questions, sorry but cannot afford many new antiviruses and I must be sure I choose to buy the right one.

Tks

• alpha1!*
    edited February 2012
    Options

Ι also checked yr partner locator, but there is no Greece in the drop down menu. So, if I decide to buy, where in Athens can I find yr product΄s retail version (cd-rom-in a box)? It seems none of the specialized chains sells it. (Plaisio, Mulitirama and nowhere else.) It really means nothing to download online with a suspect pc

• rootkit
    Options

The retails version has the Rescue CD included on the disk. If you put it in your DVD ROM and boot from it, you will be able to scan the machine outside the operating system.

If the PC is not that infected and Bitdefender 2012 can be installed on it, we also have a Rescue Mode, that is basically a way to scan the machine outside the operating system but without the need of a physical disk in the unit.

You have here a demo video:

I will get back to you and provide you an answer about a retail shop in Greece.

Thank you.

• alpha1!*
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thank you, I'll be waiting for this info. In my opinion disinfecting cd's should be the first product that antivirus brands should sell worldwide. All this antivirus software that do not catch anything and the format needed every now and then, and people who are tired and do not do anything any more about their systems security.

If technology can make a cd that can disinfect a system when inserting it in it, it's heaven. But now I only know 3 brands making it, and I repeat locally one can find none of them in the shelves.

P.S. Does yr product have real time protection and sandbox?

• rootkit
    Options

Yes, all Bitdefender products with license have Real Time protection and sandbox for websites.

We are making some changes regarding our partner in Greece.

Soon the product will be available in Mulitirama and other shops. I don't have an ETA for this.

Until then, you can purchase the product online and you will receive the backup DVD via mail.

Click here to buy Bitdefender Internet Security 2012.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Store/buy/is/3/1

After that, click here to add the backup DVD in the Shopping Cart

https://store.bitdefender.com/order/checkou...=1,1&CARD=1

After this refresh the page and you will see the 2 products in the cart.

Thank you.

• Hello, am still waiting for yr local partner's whereabouts, I believe I made it clear I intend to buy cd-rom-in-a-box locally.

Did you resolve the issue of yr partner in Greece, Attiki?

Tks

• Hello,

still no Greece in drop down menu of yr partner locator, nor any answer on yr part here.

Is this yours?

https://www.aws.gr/cart.php?gid=16

Still waiting and hoping.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I will provide you an answer ASAP, I am waiting for fresh new information from the sales department.

Thank you!