Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 Homegroup

Options

I am running itdefender 2012 and I am trying to have my home pc and my notebook join a windows7 homegroup. The explanation for how to do this with Bitdefender 2010 does not work for me because I have Bitdefender 2012. Can anyone please provide a solution?

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Do you have the default settings in the products?

Thank you.

• bigdfaust
    Options

Do you have the default settings in the products?

Thank you.

I have the same question. I recently upgraded to Total Security 2012, with a 3-PC license. I have the software running on two laptops. The 2nd laptop did not have BD last year. My primary laptop is plugged directly into the router and the other PC goes strictly wireless. I could see the 2nd laptop via the Win 7 Network folder in Windows Explorer, previous to installing this version on both computers. Also When I click on HomeGroup, it tells me that no other people are in the homegroup (but both laptops are joined to the homegroup (Home Network). Everything is turned on in Windows under the Control Panel applet Network and Sharing Center, Advanced Sharing Setting link: Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, Public Folder Sharing, etc. Right now, the two laptops just cant see each other via the Windows Explorer/Network folder.

So I did some reading from the Help site, from the BD interface Help link.

I checked the Firewall Network Details from the BD home screen. Both are set to "Home/Office" for Network Type and "Remote" for Stealth Mode.

Then I went to Settings from the main BD home screen, Firewall, Advanced tab. I checked the General Rules for both laptops - both have the same default settings. In the Adapter Rules, the 2nd laptop can see any other zone except the main network router address, so I tried allowing that (thinking that maybe it's allowing access to everything connected to the router). The primary laptop (plugged directly into the router) can see everything, although the 2nd laptop is only identified by the address, which I verified from my router. So on the primary laptop, I allowed the second laptop address as a zone.

I still can't see the 2nd laptop, I've tried it before setting the zones and after. I can't to find EXACTLY what people are doing in Windows to make this work.

Can you help?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Home/Office

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Make these settings on all your devices.

Also, you should change the Windows profile to Home:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...etwork-profiles

Don't forget about Windows Firewall, turn it off.

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great weekend!