Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Action Center Messages

Options
Edward49
edited February 2012 in General

Hi guys i am running windows 7 Professional 64 bit version and Bitdefender Total security 2012, today i noticed a message in the Window Action Center on the bottom right of my screen saying that Bitdefender is turned off. Please see first screen shot. post-85461-1329494439_thumb.jpg

There are 3 messages about Bitdefender is turned off.

But if you look at the Bitdefender home screen it says it is running normaly. please see second screen shot.

post-85461-1329494574_thumb.jpg

So my question is witch one is true is Bitdefender protecting my computer or not

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Please read this topic first:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=32184

Thank you.

• Edward49
    edited February 2012
    Options

Make sure you have the "Security Center" Service set to a delayed start. If the service starts before BitDefender, you could get a false report from Windows "Action Center".

So how do i do that please

• Hi Christian

Thank you for your reply but I feel it does not answer my question. The link you posted was about a similar problem but in your words you said the problem was caused by some remnants from Bitdefender 2011. Another post said to make sure the Window Action Centre is set to a delayed start to avoid a false report.

But I have had no Bitdefender 2011 installed on my computer so that is not the case with my problem.

I have tried to delay the Window Action Centre to enable Bitdefender to start first but I am not able to get this to work.

I have had Bitdefender total security 2012 for a couple of months now and this problem I have was not present a week ago it is only a recent thing and I have no update from windows in the last week only updates from Bitdefender so I believe that’s where the problem is.

So I had a mirror image of my computer done a few days ago and I have reinstalled that image and the problem has now gone.

In the couple of months I have had Bitdefender it has been one problem after another and I do believe it is just a beta version and we the customers are just beta testers.

Is it not possible for you to make Bitdefender start first without me having to alter my computer.

You have sent me 5 serial numbers to give to my friends but I do not feel as if I would not want to recommend such a poor program to a friend.

In the last several years I have relied on free virus protection and I have never had a virus or a problem until I installed Bitdefender

I for one will not be renewing when my subscription expire.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Thank you for your feedback.

For the current case, we need to further investigate the issue.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hi Christian

Thank you for your post.

First the steps you have asked me to do are now irrelevant as I have reinstalled a mirror image of my computer made before I had the problem, and my computer is now running ok, but to get it to work I had to lose a few days’ work by reinstalling an old image file.

• Hi again

I think i spoke to soon i have just checked again and windows action centre is sayinf ditdefender is turned off and bitdefender says its turned off.

I have tried to send the support tool to you but the file size is to big, so how do i send it please i have tried the two options in the ling you have sent but i dont know yoiur addess

• Hi this problem is now getting me down. One day i get a message from Windows Action Centre saying that Bitdefender is truned off then the next day it is saying there is no problems, so what going on please,

Christian i have tried to send you the log file but the file is to large

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your reply.

Please save the update patch from the following link on your Desktop:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../patch_0036.exe

Now restart your PC in Safe Mode and run that patch(for Windows Vista/7, right click on the file patch_0036.exe and choose Run as administrator).

Reboot your machine in Normal Mode, open Bitdefender using the desktop icon and click on Update now button.

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.37.1560(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved.

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE with Networking" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

Have a nice day.