Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Idea For Bitdefender Toolbar And Compatible With Windows 8

Options
realkaka2204
edited February 2012 in Feature request

I have idea for bitdefender 2012:

1/ Bitdefener toolbar should have "add white list" button and "remove white list" button for convenient.

2/ Windows 8 beta will coming soon, I hope Bitdefender full compatible with Win 8 beta ( Surely, Customer don't want to wait Bitdefender 2013 to using with Win 8).

Thanks,

Regards.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Now let me review those ideas:

1. We have an add to whitelist link on the blocked pages, but on those that are blocked by the antiphishing and antifraud filters. For those pages that contain malware, this will be a security breach.

If you find a website that you think is clean, please report it on the False Positives areas and I will forward your request to our labs.

We know that Windows 8 is coming and we are currently testing our products on this operating system. I will get back to you with more details about this when this information will be public.

Take care.

• Thanks for review my ideas.

Regards.

• rootkit
    Options

We will discuss more about this when Windows 8 hits beta.

Thank you.

• Hello :)

We will discuss more about this when Windows 8 hits beta.

Thank you.

Dear BitDefender,

Windows 8 Has been available to work with since September of 2011. Your Beta has been dropped to The entire public on that date, it was known as Developer Preview. Windows 8 is not having a direct Beta phase like it did in 7. Compatibility for this issue should of been started in September and many companies have already created Work around for the Built in Security Software (MSE) Already included to help Solidify the Security Cracks within the program. As of this Writing, Windows 8 CONSUMER Preview has dropped, even touting it's own APP store for Developer program release. You make a Great Program, But your beta discussion should of already been discussed as of September and even a Nightly or Beta build should of dropped already at least in Preparation for the Consumer release. Your Less Favored among intelligent Life form's Competitors already have there products out. Norton and Mcafee have already dropped there software into the fold. ######, Your Issue with Microsoft Security Essentials product has been withstanding since the release of the program and even then M$ had announced That in the Future it would become Predestined to be Native to it's new Operating systems.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

First off all all, Windows 8 is out to be tested, not to be installed on daily PCs.

We are working to make our products compatible with the new operating system, but I think this will be done with the next iteration, Bitdefender 2013.

Will let you know when I have more data on this.

Have a nice day.

Welcome to the forums.

First off all all, Windows 8 is out to be tested, not to be installed on daily PCs.

We are working to make our products compatible with the new operating system, but I think this will be done with the next iteration, Bitdefender 2013.

Will let you know when I have more data on this.

Have a nice day.

Here is the fix for running Bitdefender Total Security 2012 in Win8 Consumer Review.

1) Uninstall the current Bitdefender Total Security 2012

2) Reinstall Bitdefender Total Security 2012 as Administrator & as Win7 compatibility mode.

I did this & it works perfectly.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

Actually it is not recommended to do that. It could cause errors or BSODs.

Bitdefender 2012 was not designed to be installed on Windows 8.

We do not encourage user to install Windows 8 CP on a daily machine. This version is only for testing purposes.

We are working on a compatibility patch, but I can not provide you a ETA for this.

Take care.

Actually it is not recommended to do that. It could cause errors or BSODs.

Bitdefender 2012 was not designed to be installed on Windows 8.

We do not encourage user to install Windows 8 CP on a daily machine. This version is only for testing purposes.

We are working on a compatibility patch, but I can not provide you a ETA for this.

Take care.

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 on Windows 8CP. It's working pretty good and I don't facing with any problem on my system. However, I expect bitdefender product full compatibility with windows 8 soon.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back.

We are doing our best to release the update ASAP.

Thank you.

• Just thought I'd throw my opinion into the pot since I found this Googling for "Bit defender Windows 8"

I'm a self employed IT engineer. I work in a wide range of fields. I'm also a Bitdefender reseller and I bundle bit defender with new PCs

Many of my new PCs go to the enthusiasts market.

When Windows 7 was in beta I used it on my workhorse PC almost from release (I had a spare in case things went wrong) because in my work it is important to be familiar with the everyday use of a new OS and common troubleshooting.

I had several customers who tested the Windows 7 beta.

I fully expect the same to happen with Windows 8

I already have a test PC running a few games (not what I'd call stable though) on windows 8 and a couple of VPCs and I will be attempting to move my workhorse PC to Windows 8 at the end of April/ Early may.

Again I will have a spare machine handy in case Windows 8 issues disrupt any critical work.

If bit defender wont work on Windows 8 by the time I migrate I will be forced to try a rival AV product.

Even if you were to release an unstable beta it would be a good idea.

Skipping quality control and releasing an unstable beta product to a consumer market is a very bad idea but releasing it to a market of tinkerers and software engineers could dramatically shorten your dev and testing time.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your feedback.

Usually, we do not release products for operating systems that are only for testing purposes and this is because Microsoft recommends to use those systems only for testing purposes.

Yes, Windows 8 Consumer Preview is great, but it should not be used on a daily PC, especially by a home user.

I will get back to you next week with an answer regarding your request.

Have a great weekend!