Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trufos Startup Error

Options

Hello,

Occasionally i check my Event Viewer for potential issues and although i have no problem (so far) i received an Event ID 7026, Source: Service Control Manager, indicating that windows 7 could not load trufos.sys on startup. Not having a clue what trufos was i "Googled" it. trufos was identified as belonging to Bitdefender and listed several post on your forum that concerned me.

As i indicated, i am not having any issues at this time but according to the post's i read it could become a very serious problem.

Do you have any new information on trufos? On one post you indicated that it would be resolved in a future update but this error happen this morning and has been happening on every startup for several weeks (that's as far back as my Event Viewer listed) but i would guess it has been happening since i upgraded from 2011 to 2012 which was only a couple of weeks ago. I cannot say whether it was happening prior to the upgrade.

Would you suggest I do anything to remove it or run any update that may address it?

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with BD Internet Security 2012

Thank you

Comments