Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Bitdefender Compatibility With Ms Office 2003

Options

Hi, new here. My current AV software license is approaching annual renewal and I've been considering switching to "Bitdefender Total Security 2012" .

I did some forum searches prior to opening this thread but wasn't able to see this topic previously posted, so apologies if these questions have been previously asked and answered.

1)

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1 Build 7601 Svc Pack 1 on my 2 PC's, with MS Office (& Outlook) 2003 .

I've been googl'ing info on Bitdefender to see if I can determine if "Total Security 2012" will be compatible with Outlook 2003 (& Office/Excel/Word 2003). I noticed that the main product page for "Total Security 2012" at the Bitdefender site doesn't list Outook 2003 as compatible, only 2007 & 2010 versions.

However, upon reading some info on the 'net, it appears that "Total Security 2012" is compatible with Office/Outlook 2003.

Can someone verify this as I'd like to switch to Bitdefender for the next 12 months to try it out.

2)

Does "Total Security 2012" automatically wake up a sleeping PC to run unattended scheduled drive scans? My current AV software does not automatically wake sleeping PC's to run Drive scans.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Scoop

Welcome to the forums.

I will now answer to now to your questions.

1. We do not support Office 2003, only Office 2007/2010. In some case, the Antispam filter is functional and is detecting spam as it should, but in others is not.

We have taken this decision because Office 2003 is more vulnerable than 2007/2010. The spam will be filtered anyway because the product is monitoring the ports, but the toolbar will not be integrated properly.

2. Scheduled Scans are no longer available. A new feature which can provide better protection has been introduced called Auto Scan. It uses a Continuous Scan task, enumerates all files and finds time slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system. (e.g. if the PC is Idle for a long time, the entire system will be scanned).

Let me know if you have other questions. Take care.

• Scoop
    Options
    Hi Scoop

Welcome to the forums.

I will now answer to now to your questions.

1. We do not support Office 2003, only Office 2007/2010. In some case, the Antispam filter is functional and is detecting spam as it should, but in others is not.

We have taken this decision because Office 2003 is more vulnerable than 2007/2010. The spam will be filtered anyway because the product is monitoring the ports, but the toolbar will not be integrated properly.

2. Scheduled Scans are no longer available. A new feature which can provide better protection has been introduced called Auto Scan. It uses a Continuous Scan task, enumerates all files and finds time slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system. (e.g. if the PC is Idle for a long time, the entire system will be scanned).

Let me know if you have other questions. Take care.

Thanks for your reply :).

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

I am glad that I manage to answer to all you questions.

Since this case is resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.