Toolbar Add-on And Thunderbird 10

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2012 installed and use Thunderbird as my e-mail client. Since I upgraded to Thunderbird 10 the anti-spam toolbar has been missing although the add-on manager shows it as present.

Comments

• Hi Gene :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Gene, it sounds like a number of us our having the same issue you describe: See this thread.

Question for Gene: If you right click in the Thunderbird menu bar area do you see an option enable Bitdefender? If you are able to enable it, the bdtoolbar should appear. Please let us know if that works and if the bdtoolbar buttons are functional. Also, is your email account(s) POP3 or IMAP?

Thanks and good luck!

• Hi Gene :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

I already created and sent the log file and screen shot a week ago without any response. The ticket ID is 201202161013157.

• Gene, it sounds like a number of us our having the same issue you describe: See this thread.

Question for Gene: If you right click in the Thunderbird menu bar area do you see an option enable Bitdefender? If you are able to enable it, the bdtoolbar should appear. Please let us know if that works and if the bdtoolbar buttons are functional. Also, is your email account(s) POP3 or IMAP?

Thanks and good luck!

Right clicking on the Thunderbird menu bar area did make the bdtool bar appear but the buttons are not functional. The email accounts I am using are all POP3. Everything was working fine with Thunderbird 9. The problem only appeared when I upgraded to version 10.

• Hello :)

We are aware of this and I have escalated this to our Developers when Thunderbird 10 was released.

I will get back to you when I have fresh news about this.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

This issue is scheduled to be fixed in the next product update, build .38.

I will get back to you when I have an ETA about the release date.

Thank you. Have a great weekend!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.38.1604(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=139660

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a great weekend!