Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved]your Sales Verification Process Is Ridiculous!

Options

I am so ###### off I do not even know where to start. I was once a customer of bitdefender, after having technical issues with your 2010 product on my pc, I switched to some others and I today tried to return as a customer only to be slapped in the face by Avangate.

You have just lost out on a sale because of the ridiculous verification procedures requested by Avangate. You were given all the necessary information to complete the sale yet Avangate requests a copy of government issued photo identification there is no reason to take a copy of government identification for any purposes, PERIOD. As if that was not enough they also want a copy of my last credit card bill. This information alone is more than enough to commit fraud on my behalf as well as identity theft. These procedures are absurd, unncessary and breach privacy laws in my country. The last time I purchased your product I did not have to jump through ridiculous hoops such as this to receive it. Either find a way to get me the product without this garbage or myself as well as everyone else I talk to will never buy another one of your products or anything that requires Avangate for that matter.

Mastercard states on their own website that merchants are NOT ALLOWED to request any identification:

The MasterCard Rules provide as follows:

5.8.4 Additional Cardholder Identification

A Merchant must not refuse to complete a Transaction solely because a Cardholder who has complied with the conditions for presentment of a Card at the POI refuses to provide additional identification information, except as specifically permitted or required by the Standards. A Merchant may require additional identification from the Cardholder if the information is required to complete the Transaction, such as for shipping purposes. A Merchant in a country or region that supports use of the MasterCard Address Verification Service (AVS) may require the Cardholder’s ZIP or postal code to complete a Cardholder-Activated Terminal (CAT) Transaction, or the Cardholder’s address and ZIP or postal code to complete a mail order, phone order, or e-commerce Transaction. http://www.mastercard.com/global/merchant/...erCardRules.pdf.

Comments

• George R.
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hello ascendic,

Please note that Avangate requests these extra verifications for the Cardholders own safety, in case certain criteria are met and the order is flagged as suspect. This process is common for online transactions. For further details please contact support at avangate dot com.

I checked the order and it appears as canceled. If you are still interested in a Bitdefender subscription, I can offer you a new link for placing an order through Digital River. Perhaps this will go through without any complications.

Regards,

George

• I can understand about the verification process is kind of different and typical,but this kind of verification happens rarely. Rather you should have to be very reliable with Bitdefender team and can closely support them and if you really does not want to give the details then please ask then if there is any other alternative way to verify

God never made his work for man to mend vmware_happy.gif

• ascendic
    edited February 2012
    Options

Please send me the link to purchase through digital river, I believe this is where I received the product last time and I had no problems with them at all.

Whether or not they THINK they are protecting the card holder is irreleveant. They are asking for more than enough information which is stated by mastercard as being not required and is also unncessary. How many peole do you photocopy your driver's license and credit card bill for? None. I order hundreds of things online a year and not once has anyone asked for this information, nor should they as it is a breach of privacy. With a driver's license and credit card bill you have all the information necessary to post fraudulant transactions as that card holder since all information needed to pose as the card holder is contained on those 2 documents.

Also, the order was cancelled by Avangate after I emailed them and told them I would not provide such information and they had no right to ask for it.

• Hello ascendic,

I sent you the purchase link via P.M. (personal messaging).

Regards,

George

• Hello ascendic,

I sent you the purchase link via P.M. (personal messaging).

Regards,

George

That link worked perfectly, no hassles at all and an even cheaper price! Thank you very much, this is how things should have gone from the start.

• Glad I could be of help ascendic.

Have a nice day!

George

This discussion has been closed.