Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Local Update Server

Options

Greetings,

I am using bitdefender antivirus plus 2012.

Is it possible to set the field "update location" to point to a local machine?

If so, exactly how do I do that and which port do I use?

I would like to know the settings for the server and client.

I know this can be done with the network map but it seems to limit me to 5 machines and I have much more than 5 machines.

In the end I'm trying to eliminate having to download virus updates for each machine due to bandwidth limitations.

btw, I do have licenses for all of my machines and I do not want to upgrade to the client version. Too expensive for me.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums.

Basically this feature is used by our Business products. I will see what we can do in your case.

Get back to you with an answer soon.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you please tell me how many machines do you have?

I've searched your email address in the database and you only have just 3 serials in you account, each one for 1 PC.

In total, 3 PC.

Also, please note that if you use the license on more PCs, it could be blacklisted during the update.

Thank you.

• iomari
    Options

Greetings,

I only have 3 machines online so far due to testing until I can resolve my problem. In total I have around 50 machines and around.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know you may be wondering why I don't use the business edition but the truth is I can't afford it.

• iomari
    Options

BTW christian,

I don't know when I set a password for my network map but one is set and I don't know it. How can I reset it?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I will send you a PM with instructions for the network map password in 10 minutes.

I am still searching for a solution regarding the the local update server for consumer products. I was thinking about 10 stations, not 50 :D

We will see. Take care.

• iomari
    Options

Christian,

thanks for your help so far.

While I'm waiting, I installed just the update server portion of the management server. I don't see Antivirus Plus in the list of products. Can I use a replacement like "Business Client v3 x86 (English)"? Are the definitions for the various products different?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please don't do that.

The definitions are the same for all Bitdefender products but they are split into components. Updating a desktop product with definitions designed for another product does not guarantee protection and stability.

Please wait for my answer.

Take care.

• iomari
    Options

ok. thanks. I'm waiting ...............

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

A final answer regarding this will be provided by Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great weekend.

• iomari
    Options

Thank you,

I wasn't online this weekend. It's Monday here now. I'll wait for your response.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

I am waiting for an answer from one of our Managers, will try to do something for you.

I will get back to you with a final answer, hopefully today.

Take care.

• iomari
    edited March 2012
    Options

Christian Greetings,

Any luck yet? My people are putting a lot of pressure on me to change vendors but I'm resisting as best I can. Please try to get back to me as soon as humanly possible.

Also, I'm not always in the office so can you please send a copy of your replies to my email also?

iomari@gmail.com

Thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I am testing some solutions and I need more time. The final answer will be provided by Friday night(GMT time).

Thank you for your patience.

• iomari
    Options

thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

We have found a solution for your case, get back to you with all the details in about 4 hours.

Thank you. Have a great weekend.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID:

I will send you further instructions via email in about 30 minutes.

Thank you.

• iomari
    Options

Greetings,

I sent you 2 mails in case you see this first.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I saw your emails, I will get back to you with an answer later.

Take care.

• brkang
    Options

I need solution for the same situation.

I have purchased only 1 Antivirus Plus 2012 license in order to test it before purchasing.

Its user documentation specifies that it's possible to update from other PCs with Antivirus Plus 2012 running, but it fails to update in reality.

I finally found out this thread only to be surprised that the solution had been given via e-mail.

I am looking to purchase around 150 licenses, but I'll have to change to Kaspersky if I can't implement a local update server.

Please help.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

For 150 stations, is better to implement a business solution.

I could transfer your case to our business department and they could make you a special offer.

You can also test the solutions before the implementation.

Let me know if you want this.

Take care.