Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Download Error

Options

Hi to all. I had BD 2011 and it was awesosme, worked great. I purchased BD 2012 and uninstalled BD 2011. I turned off my windows firewall and stopped spybot search and destroy.

I only have dial-up ( terrible) so i let BD 2012 download all night. This mornig when i got up to see if it was done, there was this message

"some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry installation".

Does anyone know why i got that message and is there a quick fix, as i do not want to have to download everything again (for obvious reasons)?

I am running a 32bit windows vista home premium.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums. First off all, please uninstall any other security solutions and disable the ones included in Windows(Windows Defender and Windows Firewall).

In the current case, please download the offline installation kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Have you used the uninstall tool to remove Bitdefender 2011?

Take care.

• regv
    Options

Welcome to the forums. First off all, please uninstall any other security solutions and disable the ones included in Windows(Windows Defender and Windows Firewall).

In the current case, please download the offline installation kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Have you used the uninstall tool to remove Bitdefender 2011?

Take care.

Hello Christian. I was wondering if i have to uninstall the BD files that i downloaded last night? Everything else is already uninstalled and turned off.

To remove BD 2011, i went to my control panel and uninstalled it that way and rebooted my computer.

I will go ahead and download the offline installation kit and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Reg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

You could run the uninstall tool to remove any leftovers from your system, before installing the new product.

You have the download link in that topic, near the other links.

Take care.

• regv
    Options

Well, that didnt work. I used the removal tool and rebooted the computer and tried downloading it with the link provided and i got the same message as the first post:

"some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry installation".

I have no other anti-virus programs installed, windows defender and firewall are turned off.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a wireless connection or a router?

Could you please plug the cable directly in the network card?

Thank you.

• regv
    Options

Do you have a wireless connection or a router?

Could you please plug the cable directly in the network card?

Thank you.

Hello Christian. I only have dial-up, so its a phone cord that runs from a phone jack to the computer.

I also have tech support working on this also: ticket ID 201203021024672.

Here is a couple of screenshots of what happened this last time.

post-97002-1330795930_thumb.jpgpost-97002-1330795617_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please try to download the installation kit using another browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

Thank you.

• regv
    Options

Please try to download the installation kit using another browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

Thank you.

Good day. Tried downloading with mozilla firefox and got the same results.

Support wanted me to send them some logs, which i did. I am waiting to hear back from them now.

All the best,

Reg

• regv
    Options
    Good day. Tried downloading with mozilla firefox and got the same results.

Support wanted me to send them some logs, which i did. I am waiting to hear back from them now.

All the best,

Reg

Finally got it to download. Had to remove Rapport, and stop UAC. Thanks for all your help Christian.

Regards,

Reg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Reg

Thank you for your feedback.

Since you managed to install the product, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great weekend.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.