[resolved] Bitdefender Avc Hv Driver Doesn't Update Automatically At Bd Build Update

Venturer
edited March 2012 in Update

Hello.

I think this is a bug in the Bitdefender update platform.

I installed Bitdefender 2012 Total security on my main PC at August 2011 launch. Bitdefender AVC HV driver was dated 07/2011.

Recently i installed Bitdefender 2012 Total security on another PC (fresh install) and i noticed the Bitdefender AVC HV driver version was newer and dated 11/2012.

So i uninstalled completly BD 2012 Total security on my main PC and i re-installed it. So driver Bitdefender AVC HV was updated correctly.

So i think that when a new build of Bitdefender is released through auto-update the Bitdefender system driver is not updated.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome back.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hello Christian

I think it's useless i generate a "report" because i uninstalled completly Bitdefender 2012 Total security and cleaned the system with Bitdefender uninstaller; then i reinstalled it from scratch and now the Bitdefender system driver is updated correctly.

Perhaps this "update bug" is present only for old installations done with the original August 2011 build. However you should investigate for future build updates through the auto update system.

Bye! :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Since the actual issue was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.