Renewal Confusion

I received the email regarding product renewal. So I decided to renew for another year using the link provided in the email.

At the end of the process I received my activation code.

However, there are no instructions whatsoever on what to do with this. There was a link to the download of software - I already have 2012 installed - do I have install it again with the new download link? Could you make the instructions clearer on this web screen please?

I then tried to find where to enter my activation code. Once again the instructions on how to do this should be on the web page that displays the code.

I finally found the licence info which said I had 66 days to go whereas my renewal email said I had 10 days to go??????????????

So do I wait for 66 days and enter my activation code? and then do i get another year and extra three months from the date I entered the code or the date I purchased it?

I would suggest you review your renewal process and the instructions you display on your web page as this is completely confusing.

Thanks

David

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi David :)

Welcome back.

In your case, you don't need to install the product.

Basically what you need to do is to enter the new license key in the product. Don't worry, you won't loose the days from the old license key.

To register Bitdefender, follow these steps:

Open the Bitdefender window.

Click the License Info link at the bottom of the window. The registration window will appear.

Enter the license key and click Register Now.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Hi David :)

Welcome back.

In your case, you don't need to install the product.

Basically what you need to do is to enter the new license key in the product. Don't worry, you won't loose the days from the old license key.

To register Bitdefender, follow these steps:

Open the Bitdefender window.

Click the License Info link at the bottom of the window. The registration window will appear.

Enter the license key and click Register Now.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

Thank you. I think the reason I received an email saying I only had 10 days left when I had 70 days according to the Licence info was that my existing subscription was extended. So you will need to look at your auto renewal email system to ensure it gets the correct expiry date.

When I enter my new activation code it will add one year and three months at the end of my current subscription?

Thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I will check your email in the database to see if the auto renewal for your account is set to the correct data.

Yes, please do that. It will practically merge the to licenses in one and the period will be set to 1 year and 3 months + the left period from the old license.

Take care.