Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can I Not Use Malwarebytes At All?

Options

Hi Everyone,

when i installed bitdefender it said it could not continue until m/bytes was unistalled so i went and uninstalled it but i would like to put it back on so i can scan with it on the odd occasion (not have it running all the time)

thanks

Matt :)

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Matt :)

Welcome back

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

Take care.

• Hi Matt,

After uninstalling m/bytes,install Bitdefender and after that please don't install any other antivirus. Because more than one antivirus conflicts happens in the system

God never made his work for man to mend vmware_happy.gif

• Can I ask for clarification on this issue? There seems to be some confusion between other AV and malware programs which run real-time scans (and will conflict with the real-time Bitdefender processes), and those which only run on-demand scans. Examples of the latter are Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware (free editions) and Spybot SD. Why are these programs still seen by Bitdefender support as incompatible with their own products, and why should it be necessary for them to be uninstalled before installing Bitdefender? Surely anyone using these products has enough knowledge to disable Bitdefender's real-time scan before starting an on-demand scan? However good Bitdefender might be, there can be no harm in checking the system with another program now and again.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

We do have an explanation for this: the only difference between the Free versions and the Processional versions(the one with a valid subscription) is the real time protection module.

Since you can upgrade to the paid version just by entering the serial number in the main interface, this means that the producer introduced all the functionalists in the Free version too. The drivers for the protection module are installed and loading with Windows and you can see that in Windows Services.

So that's why you need only to keep Bitdefender on that system and you won't have any issues with product.

Take care.