Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bootable Rescue CD

Options

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if the answer to my question is already posted but not found by me.

I have purchased BitDefender 10 online and am very pleased with it - BUT of course you don't get the bootable rescue cd this way. Is there any way in which it can be downloaded or ordered separately? I feel it would be very useful to have.

Thanks

Comments

• Ivo
    Options

Hi Siskin,

The rescue cd can be downloaded here http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

Regards

• Niels
    Options

Hi Siskin

You have to burn the (iso) file from the link that Ivo gave you as an bootable disc in your burn program. Because otherwise it will not work. It could be that you have to change your bootsequence that your pc must first look at your cd-rom drive. To change that press on the del(ete) button when you have started your pc and look after bootsequence it could be that you must press on another button to change the bootsequence. You must only do that if the cd-rom will not boot (start).

Regards

Niels

• Crem
    Options

Hi all !

Does this Rescue CD work fine on Windows OS ??? Because i see in help file, Rescue CD only for Linux :)

Crem.

• loony
    Options

Hi Crem,

yes, this CD is an virtual BS on CD, load in RAM.

Greets

loony

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Crem,

Does this Rescue CD work fine on Windows OS ??? Because i see in help file, Rescue CD only for Linux :)

BitDefender Rescue CD doesn't work under Windows or Linux. The disc IS a separate operating system based on Knoppix (a Linux version which loads directly from the CD, without any installation required). This disc is meant to be used on systems that have an OS so badly damaged by viruses that it cannot start anymore and with Rescue CD's help you can clean up your system and/or backup your important files.

To use BD Rescue CD you have to enable from your PC's BIOS to boot first from CD-ROM, then from HDD. Then put the CD in the drive and, when the PC starts, it will load LinuxDefender (the OS from the CD) instead of Windows.

Cris.

• Crem
    Options

Wow thank Cris and loony. I will download this image file and burn it :)

Merc !

• Unknown
    Options

Maybe you should add to the bootable cd some forensics tools :)

• slthorp
    Options

Hi, Siskin here!

Many thanks for all your help. It's much appreciated. I'd like to have the rescue CD 'just in case'. Does booting into Lineux require me to do anything before booting up normally?

Best wishes.

Siskin

• Ivo
    Options

Hi Siskin,

You have to make sure you are booting from your cd-rom drive. You can either set this in your BIOS (del at startup) or press a certain key at startup. look in your motherboard manual. In your BIOS set your cd-rom drive as First boot device. If you have burned it correctly it will boot from cd-rom.

• Crem
    Options

Hey, today i burned this CD and i think it is so cool but only for computer have internet connection (may be update signatures at now) and it is not effect with computer have no internet connection because signatures be integrated on this CD so very old. I am sure it can not disinfect or detect new many viruses.

• kninejim
    Options

Cris,

Can Crem run command lines once he has booted from the rescue cd and run bitdefender from the command lines? This would enable him to use the current virus definitions he already has on his computer.

I haven't played around with Linuxdefender so I don't know what it will allow you to do on individual PC's.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi kninejim,

I suppose you can run command lines in LinuxDeffender, but not the ones that Windows has. I don't know how to use Linux but, as far as I know, it also has something like Windows' Command Prompt.

But I doubt you can use the signatures you already have installed, for two reasons:

1) they are compiled to run under Windows, not under Linux

2) if your PC doesn't start anymore, trying to use an application that was installed on your PC might be a risk because:

a) those files might be infected (yes, they are a part of the AV, but since some virus stopped Windows from running a all, then the AV files are just simple files that can become infected)

B) those files might not even exist anymore, because the virus that infected your PC might have deleted them.

Cris.

• I too had purchased BitDefender online via a download option and therefore did not receive the Rescue CD. I have downloaded and burned the ISO imaged referenced in the link (http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/) above.

This ISO is for BD v9 and was created back in August, 2006. At some point, will BitDefender be preparing an updated v10 ISO of the Rescue CD?

Thank you.

• msr
    Options

Are there any plans to make this available for a USB stick? Preferably with the option to download the latest updates on a virus-free PC, before taking it over to a friend's house ;)

msr