Sandbox Not Working

Hi Guys....I recently tried to use the sandbox feature in IE browser and found that it wasn't working. Another page would come up but wouldn't load, and then disappear. The page did not appear to be sandboxed. So I tried Firefox. A sandboxed page would come up but wouldn't load. I got the message' Server Not Found'. So I tried Google Chrome. A sandboxed page would appear but would not load. I got an error message telling me that Chrome could not connect either. Now the little toolbar tab has disappeared entirely in Chrome. I have tried the repair function and when that didn't work I uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender. Still not working. Everything was fine a couple of days ago so I don't know what might have changed. Any ideas?

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys....I recently tried to use the sandbox feature in IE browser and found that it wasn't working. Another page would come up but wouldn't load, and then disappear. The page did not appear to be sandboxed. So I tried Firefox. A sandboxed page would come up but wouldn't load. I got the message' Server Not Found'. So I tried Google Chrome. A sandboxed page would appear but would not load. I got an error message telling me that Chrome could not connect either. Now the little toolbar tab has disappeared entirely in Chrome. I have tried the repair function and when that didn't work I uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender. Still not working. Everything was fine a couple of days ago so I don't know what might have changed. Any ideas?

Coincidentally, I have noticed, that whenever I try to run a sandboxed page, there is an entry in the parental controls event viewer.

'Web access requested' (for the sandboxed page I am trying to run)

Action:blocked

So it seems to me that the parental control module is blocking the sandbox connection. I don't know why because I have never configured the Parental Controls.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Coincidentally, I have noticed, that whenever I try to run a sandboxed page, there is an entry in the parental controls event viewer.

'Web access requested' (for the sandboxed page I am trying to run)

Action:blocked

So it seems to me that the parental control module is blocking the sandbox connection. I don't know why because I have never configured the Parental Controls.

Okay, so I ran a system restore and the sandbox feature in all 3 browsers seems to be working properly again. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if something that I'm doing caused it. Also the event viewer in parental controls still shows programs requesting access and being blocked so I guess there was no connection. Don't really understand why this is happening since parental control module has never been enabled. Anyway I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time with all this. Cheers.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome to the forums.

I want to see if everything is functioning properly on your PC.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums.

I want to see if everything is functioning properly on your PC.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

or

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

Ok I have sent the file. Please let me know if you have received it and info you want is all there. thank you

• seem like i encounter same problem :wacko:

browser opened with sandbox giving "server not found" error

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello everyone :)

I need to know in which country are you located.

You can send me via PM if you don't want to post here.

We are conducting some tests to see if this is caused by our servers of by the DNS servers provided by your ISPs.

Have a great weekend!

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone :)

I need to know in which country are you located.

You can send me via PM if you don't want to post here.

We are conducting some tests to see if this is caused by our servers of by the DNS servers provided by your ISPs.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Christian....Greetings from Canada

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Do you use the final versions of your favorite browsers?

No Beta, no Dev or Alpha versions please.

Let me know the versions so I can run some tests.

Have a great weekend!

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Hello :)

Do you use the final versions of your favorite browsers?

No Beta, no Dev or Alpha versions please.

Let me know the versions so I can run some tests.

Have a great weekend!

All browsers are the latest versions.

IE9....9.0.8112.16421 (update version-9.0.5)

FFox..11.0

Chrome.....18.0.1025.151

I do not use any Beta, Dev or Alpha versions

Firefox version: 11.0

Chrome : 18.0.1025.151

• Well, I have the same problems, the sandbox is not working correct. The pages couldnt be load. Just one day before everything was okay. Well I installed programs like Steam, Windows live Mail, Office and so on.

Every sandbox page load is blocked and listed in the parental security section.

So I started a new user account in Windows 7, also with admin rights. And what should I say... sandbox is working fine in the new account. It is incredible, I change over to my first account, sandbox gets blocked.

It is very sad, I installed fresh my whole system with resetting my SSD, and now that. Everything works, just the sandbox makes trouble. What can I do, nothing like reinstall helps...?

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Ya it's a wierd one. Everything has been working fine for me since I did the 'system restore'. I don't know what it was that I restored but I do remember having problems with my Windows Live Mail account around that time. I uninstalled and reinstalled about five times but Live Mail still wouldn't work so I downloaded the 'Windows Installer Cleanup Utility', ran that, reinstalled Windows Live Mail and it worked fine again. I don't know if any of this is related but as I say, everything , including the sandbox feature in all three browsers is working as it should again. (touch wood)

• Thats an idear, I try the Cleanup....

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Thats an idear, I try the Cleanup....

OH oh. I just tried it again and now sandbox is not working again. It was working fine yesterday. I don't know what's going on. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Christian comes up with anything.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    OH oh. I just tried it again and now sandbox is not working again. It was working fine yesterday. I don't know what's going on. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Christian comes up with anything.

HI Christian....While I was waiting for your reply, I contacted support via email. (ticket #201204191000675). Their analysis found 3 other security programs on my computer...SpywareBlaster

PC-Doctor 5 for Windows (dont know where that one came from)

Zemana Antilogger

I removed these using Revo Uninstaller Pro. Then I restarted in Safe Mode with Networking, downloaded and ran the uninstall tool, then went to C:\ Program files and cleaned up the leftovers from previous Bitdefender installations. After this, I cleaned the registry and temp files restarted and reinstalled Bitdefender. Sorry to say that after all this the sandbox issue remains with the following messages:

Internet Explorer.....not responding

Firefox....Server not Found

Chrome...This web page is not available Error 137(net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED):unknown error

Also the parental control unit still shows these pages being blocked. What is the connection between sandbox and parental control? Other than this issue , Bitdefender is performing wonderfully. I'm hoping we can find an answer to this because the sandbox is important to me and was one of the reasons I chose Bitdefender over some of the others.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    HI Christian....While I was waiting for your reply, I contacted support via email. (ticket #201204191000675). Their analysis found 3 other security programs on my computer...SpywareBlaster

PC-Doctor 5 for Windows (dont know where that one came from)

Zemana Antilogger

I removed these using Revo Uninstaller Pro. Then I restarted in Safe Mode with Networking, downloaded and ran the uninstall tool, then went to C:\ Program files and cleaned up the leftovers from previous Bitdefender installations. After this, I cleaned the registry and temp files restarted and reinstalled Bitdefender. Sorry to say that after all this the sandbox issue remains with the following messages:

Internet Explorer.....not responding

Firefox....Server not Found

Chrome...This web page is not available Error 137(net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED):unknown error

Also the parental control unit still shows these pages being blocked. What is the connection between sandbox and parental control? Other than this issue , Bitdefender is performing wonderfully. I'm hoping we can find an answer to this because the sandbox is important to me and was one of the reasons I chose Bitdefender over some of the others.

Hi Christian...I have good news. After trying once again all the suggestions from tech support (via email), the sandbox in all three browsers is working once more. Hopefully it will remain so. Thank you for all your help...Lee

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Lee :)

These are great news.

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me know if you need anything from us.

Have a great day!

• the same problem here no sandbox working any browser

please help

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums.

or

Have a nice day.

• Hi Christian...I have good news. After trying once again all the suggestions from tech support (via email), the sandbox in all three browsers is working once more. Hopefully it will remain so. Thank you for all your help...Lee

Could you post their support suggestions for the rest of the forumites to review. I just installed and it was working fine, installed Firefox and Chrome and now Sandbox gives me a big black box with the windows loop then closes out

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Could you post their support suggestions for the rest of the forumites to review. I just installed and it was working fine, installed Firefox and Chrome and now Sandbox gives me a big black box with the windows loop then closes out

Hi Sgt. Rock...I understand your frustration with this issue as it drove me nuts for awhile too. I'm not going to post all the suggestions from tech support as it involved several emails back and forth. A lot of the problems encountered with Bitdefender are the result of incompatability with programs already installed on your computer. Bitdefender seems to have more compatability issues than some other security suites. Even after uninstalling these conflicting programs, traces can remain. Basically, what tech support does, is examine the logs to find these conflicts and leftovers. Since each computer is unique, I think it would probably be best if you open a support ticket and let them have a look. I know there are a lot of horror stories on these forums about tech support but my personal experience wasn't that bad.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello Sgt.Rock :)

Welcome to our forums!

Please follow these instructions and I will take a look over the logs:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=143529

Take care.