Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Traces Indication

Options

There should be indication of the traces (registry/ system files/ processes) of the detected virus in the logs.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

Could you please tell me why this is useful for a novice or average user?

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Everyone will be pleased to know that the malware has been completely removed from the system along with its traces and leftovers whether the users are novice or expert.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Rest with no worries, the product removes all traces from the system.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

For advanced users, you can not recommend your product? MBAM is even more advanced solution for cleaning the registry, and the subsequent analysis. Strange you have an idea of ​​the users, do you think we are all so lazy, that we need only one button?

• tat
    tat
    edited April 2012
    Options

Agreed with Rampant. There are more and more sophisticated people nowadays, geeks, and they prefer to know what did unknown malware do with thier files, system, etc. Not to read only that infected file was blocked or removed. Some are interested in learning new types of malware, their behavior, and what destructing functions do they have, to gain experience for further computer assistance and to help other people.

100% automation- is not the way out.

Best regards,

Alexander.

• For advanced users, you can not recommend your product? MBAM is even more advanced solution for cleaning the registry, and the subsequent analysis. Strange you have an idea of ​​the users, do you think we are all so lazy, that we need only one button?

Agreed with Rampant. There are more and more sophisticated people nowadays, geeks, and they prefer to know what did unknown malware do with thier files, system, etc. Not to read only that infected file was blocked or removed. Some are interested in learning new types of malware, their behavior, and what destructing functions do they have, to gain experience for further computer assistance and to help other people.

Best regards,

Alexander.

Agreed with above posters. MSE has similar feature. Although I am new to the forum, but I tried Bitdefender 2011 and 2012, and came to the conclusion that Bitdefender 2012 is designed for Novice and average users only and there is nothing for expert users unlike in 2011 version and it also don't care what the user want and do whatever it want without the knowledge of user.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options
    For advanced users, you can not recommend your product? MBAM is even more advanced solution for cleaning the registry, and the subsequent analysis. Strange you have an idea of ​​the users, do you think we are all so lazy, that we need only one button?

That software is signing even photos and txt files because they consider them malicious.

Best regards,

Alexander.

For IT professionals there is always a virtual testing environment(a virtual machine, sandbox, etc). And trust me, is much more fun to remove malware manually :D. The product can take care of leftovers from the manual remove process.

Agreed with above posters. MSE has similar feature. Although I am new to the forum, but I tried Bitdefender 2011 and 2012, and came to the conclusion that Bitdefender 2012 is designed for Novice and average users only and there is nothing for expert users unlike in 2011 version and it also don't care what the user want and do whatever it want without the knowledge of user.

Bitdefender 2012 was designed to be a silent security solution with an Auto Pilot module that takes care of everything.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

So what if the indication is put in the logs silently?

Malware removal is one of the main reason to select any Antivirus and although Bitdefender is the best in doing so, but consider this from a user point of view who want to know about leftovers.

I need the next release 2013 not to be so silent like 2012.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Also very useful for checking the Rogue Antiviruses traces.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

That software is signing even photos and txt files because they consider them malicious.

I have a lot of practice, I remove any infections from the system, and MBAM is the main tool that I use constantly and very successful.

• keiooz
    Options
    There should be indication of the traces (registry/ system files/ processes) of the detected virus in the logs.

I agree with you. It's not that you don't know a lot about it, but it would be a great start to learn something from the problems you encounter.smile2.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

We will see what can be made, a more detailed log file should do the trick.

Thank you for your feedback.