Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sphere

Options
w.anderson@wcira.com
edited April 2012 in General

Does anyone know why Sphere is only offered in a one year subscription?

Does anyone know the EULA for Sphere?

I have a home network running with four video servers, a standard file server, four laptop/netbooks and four different tablets (all androids). There is my wife, daughter and myself in the house and between us there are 12 computers, four notebooks and four tablets in use (don't ask, but my train layout has two computers alone!). I wanted to make sure that Sphere works for me based on the EULA.

Thanks,

W C

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums.

This product can cover up to 3 users and is intended for home use only!

Each user can protect an unlimited number of devices. Your Sphere license must be activated online using MyBitdefender, for proper use of your PC and Mobile antivirus.

For more info please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/sphere

Take care.

• w.anderson@wcira.com
    edited April 2012
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

This product can cover up to 3 users and is intended for home use only!

Each user can protect an unlimited number of devices. Your Sphere license must be activated online using MyBitdefender, for proper use of your PC and Mobile antivirus.

For more info please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/sphere

Take care.

Christian,

As I am a bit of a computer addict (yes these are my & my family's personal stuff) the three of us have a lot of equipment, and I didn't even add the Android phones or iPhones & iPads. Who else buys eight HP Touchpads because they were a good price???? lol

That is aside from the huge number of computers I manage as the program head at work (my area is responsible for 700+ pc, plus tablets,m phones, servers and more).

There is zero info on the Product site on the EULA and there is definately nada on a two year subscription (I always buy two years as it is just easier for me). Is there no two year Subscription?

Thank you,

Wilson

• George R.
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hello visiter555,

If by any chance the machines running as servers also run on a Windows Server O.S. and you also need to cover more than 10 units, perhaps a sales representative from your region should get in touch with you with a personalized offer.

I would like to mention that:

-Bitdefender home products are not compatible with Windows Server operating systems

-The offer for unlimited devices in the Bitdefender Sphere product is limited to home use only.

Regards,

George

• w.anderson@wcira.com
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hello visiter555,

If by any chance the machines running as servers also run on a Windows Server O.S. and you also need to cover more than 10 units, perhaps a sales representative from your region should get in touch with you with a personalized offer.

I would like to mention that:

-Bitdefender home products are not compatible with Windows Server operating systems

-The offer for unlimited devices in the Bitdefender Sphere product is limited to home use only.

Regards,

George

George,

Not a single server OS in the mix, they are all running peer to peer. Don't need servers at home I have enough at the office to worry about. Just a large home theatre & music environment with seperate computers handling music, videos and pictures.

It is a mix of Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Home and one Windows 98 box not connected to the internet (yes really, Win 98).

Wilson

• Hello Wilson,

Except for the Windows 98 OS and if you have Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, the Bitdefender Sphere offer seems to be the best choice.

Regards,

George

• w.anderson@wcira.com
    edited April 2012
    Options

That is what I thought, but why is it so difficult to get the EULA? And why no answer on multi year subscription?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The EULA can be found over here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/en/eula/eula.html

Regarding the multi year subscription, Sphere is a combo of products that was released a few months ago, is new on the market. We will take in consideration your request, but for now that is the maximum period for a subscription.

Take care.

• w.anderson@wcira.com
    Options

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the link to the EULA, it fits perfectly with my family. I hope you do review hte licence subscription. I do like two years + licences as one year passes way too quickly. Besides that I end up replacing my hardware (except the Win 98 system lol) quite frequently and it is a major pain reformating the drives back to original OS and then trying to find all my licences & software and when they have to be renewed etc.

Wilson

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Your request has been sent to the appropriate department.

If some changes will be made, you will see them on bitdefender.com on the Sphere product area.

Take care.