Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scanned Just Data Partition

Options
ConMac
edited February 2022 in The Archive

My dual-boot Win7 64-bit/XP home-built system stopped booting into Win7 recently when my RAM failed; but it never failed to boot into XP. After replacing the RAM, and using Memtest+ 86 and finding everything fine with the new sticks, I have still been able to boot into XP (both OS's reside on separate HD's), but not into Win7. In WinRE I keep getting a message that a Patch is preventing Windows from starting with an error code of 0 x 490. Everything else looks fine in WinRE, it sees the OS installation.

My research into this issue has led me to to trying the BitDefender Rescue Disk to see if I have any malware/rootkit, etc. causing this problem. When I boot into it, it just scans the data partition of my HD, and not the system partition. I need it to scan the system partition that I set up. How do I do this? I saw a message when I was poking around in the environment about unmounting a volume to be able to do something with it. Do I have to do something similar to the system partition to get it to scan it?

Also, can I use this product to copy important files from this HD in the event that I cannot correct this issue?

I have two system images that I have taken with EaseUS Todo Backup Free. One saved to an external HD, and the other to the Win7 data partition. But I only want to try restoring this image as a last resort.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments