Bitdefender Is2012 Stopping Me Accessing Nas Admin

Hello, Just done a new install of Win7 64bit and Bitdefender IS 2012.

My NAS is a unRAID HPN40L. I am able to access the shares and copy files to and from it.

I am not able to admin the NAS via a web browser. Both IE9 and Firefox fail when I try to access the NAS via its IP or name "tower" I get errors saying server didn't respond or in IE9 a network problem, diagnose network (which it doesn't find a problem).

Internet access is working fine in both browsers.

Other computers can access NAS with out a problem (not running Bitdefender on them).

I have switch off the firewall and antivirus, but still get no access. If I uninstall Bitdefender I get access to NAS. Re-install Bitdefender and I lose access again.

It is just the default install, no customizing of settings.

Any ideas on what I could try?

Thx

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome to our forums.

Please make the following settings in the firewall module and let me know if everything is OK.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33642

Take care.

• Glo8al
    edited April 2012

Hello,

I tried the following

*Network type to Home/Office;

* Stealth mode to Off;

* Generic to Yes;

this has made no difference, I am still unable to access my NAS via a browser.

Any other ideas?

Thx

Edit:

I am able to do a telnet session into the NAS without a problem.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome back!

Have you tried to create a Zone in the firewall for the NAS?

Open Bitdefender using the desktop icon.

Now click on "Settings" button. Go to the firewall module on the left and select the "Advanced" tab from the right side. Now click on "Adapter rules". A new window will open. Click on "Add Zone" button. Enter the IP of the NAS and click OK. Close all the windows and reboot your machine. Tell me if everything is OK now.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

• Addedd 192.168.10.40 to a trusted zone in Adapter rules for the wireless adapter.

Still no access to NAS via a web browser. :(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Have you also added the IP of the router?

Is the IP of the NAS dynamic?

Take care.

• Check the Firewall General Rules may be the sixth one "Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP / FTP".

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

I think he is using a 3rd part FTP, not the one from Windows.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Have you also added the IP of the router?

Is the IP of the NAS dynamic?

Take care.

The router assigns the NAS the same IP 192.168.10.40 so it never changes.

Added 192.168.10.1 (router)

Still no access.

• Check the Firewall General Rules may be the sixth one "Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP / FTP".

Tried allow for both HTTP / FTP on windows explorer.

Still no access. :(

Uninstalling bitdefender gives me full access without any problems, can use name or IP in browser to access my NAS.

Once bitdefender install, I am unable to access the NAS via any browser using name or IP of NAS.

I can still see, copy to and from the NAS, just can't administer it via a browser.

• IDS may be the cause. Did you disable it and uncheck "Block port scan attempts" ?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• Are you using port 80 or 443?

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

Similar issue I faced. When I try to access the machine by IP, it didn't work with Bitdefender installed which I posted here. I was using port 443, which is for HTTPS or SSL connectivity and I have a doubt that Bitdefender is having problem with SSL connectivity. Also I suspect that Bitdefender also resets and prevents the Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings. Sorry, if this information found to be off-topic.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Have you managed to generate the logs?

Take care.

• Yep have sent logs now.

I have unmenu installed on my uRaid NAS which uses port 8080.

I am able to get partial access using 192.168.10.40:8080 or //tower:8080

Using the standared access which is just port 80, I can't get access.

IDS is off.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

• I turned off all Antiphising and rebooted.

Still no access to NAS admin :(

Access it through 192.168.10.40:8080 allows me acces for a short time, before I can't access it any more (like a lock out??)

• Pulling my hair out trying to get this to work :(

At the moment the only option I see, is to remove Bitdefender.

I've had Nortons security and kaspersky before and had no issues access NAS admin.

Anyone?

• Hi Glo8al

you can try with all Bitdefender services disabled

do it as ONT said and then try

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=143356

• Yes disabled all services of Bitdefender and then try, but I doubt AVC or IDS is the culprit. You can also try to disable AVC and IDS drivers about which you can get information from Tech Support.

• I have switched everything I can find to switch off.

Firewall, antivirus, Antiphising and everything else that had a off switch.

Still no access.

I will wait till bitdefender expires, and will switch back to Kaspersky.

I can't see why it should be this hard to fix :(

As it was a fresh standard install on Win7 64bit and just bitdefender (have now installed office) I don't know why it won't work?

I don't see why I have to disable everything to get access, then turn it all back on when I need it?

Thx for the help all.

• Before switching to Kaspersky, try one thing that there are drivers of AVC and IDS, you can locate and change their extension in Safe Mode and then try to access.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

First of all, please accept our apologies for the situation created. Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to "Prompt me before downloading updates". When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012, find the file called "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi Christian,

That works.

With bdtl.dll "disabled?" I have full access to my NAS Admin.

Does it mean the firewall is disabled at the moment or not checking certian things?

Thank you.

• Its "http traffic scanner" file.

Did you also try "Scan http Traffic" option from Antivirus?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Glo8al :)

Thank you for your feedback!

I will send you some steps via email.

I have created this ticket in the system: 201205271005965 using the email address from your profile.

You will receive an email in about 20 minutes.

Thank you!

• Hi Christian

I have the same problem as Glo8al:

I have Iomega NAS. Before I purchased BitDefender Sphere (today), I had no problems accessing my NAS drive. Now I have installed Sphere and cannot access my NAS, either via Windows Explorer, the web interface to the NAS or via the NAS Storage Manager. Automated backups, using Iomega QuikProtect, also do not run as the software cannot connect to the NAS.

(Additionally, Sphere is blocking access to Google Chrome, but not Firefox or IE).

If I uninstall Sphere, then everything works perfectly, including Chrome.

Can you please give me the steps I need to follow to gain access to my NAS from within Sphere, otherwise the product is useless to me, and I will need to ask for a refund? You gave Glo8al a set of instructions in the Forum (attached), but said that you would also send him/her an email with further instructions. Clearly, I do not know these instructions, or whether any of the features of Sphere are disabled if I rename "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_"

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Nosey

First of all, please accept our apologies for the situation created. Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to "Prompt me before downloading updates". When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012, find the file called "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Nosey :)

Welcome to the forums.

Please follow those steps and let me know if everything is OK, just as a workaround.

If so, I will send you further instructions for your case.

Take care.