Bd Firewall Vs Gameguard

Okay...this is a point of some pretty immense frustration for me. I like to play online games, and I like to play quite a lot of them. This requires me to have protection. Because this requires protection I like to have the best protection I can buy. However not once, ever, has BD made any game that uses Gameguard (or any number of Asian based anti-cheating software) an easy install & play. Sorry, I ranted a bit, but to me this is a REALLY easy fix for nearly all of them.

The problem with Gameguard and BD is that Gameguard (and a LOT of anti-cheating software) are easily mistaken as hostile programs. The fix for this is to of course add exceptions to the Firewall and AntiVirus...the problem that really arises is that BD for some really asinine reason will not let you add non .exe files to the firewall exception list. Why this is I don't know, seeing as I can think of half a dozen non .exe files that are capable of launching things or accessing other things (eg the internet).

This is most obvious when I am up against Gameguard games because it has two files that require access: 'gameguard.des' and 'gamemon.des'. Now, 'gameguard.des' is already on the exceptions list, but that seems to automatic from what I've read about a case concerning some Lineage 2 problems, 'gamemon.des' on the other hand is NOT on the list and because of that my game keeps crashing. To make the game actually work I have to disable both my firewall and active virus control...something which strips my system of that precious protection I desire.

And as I've mentioned...this has gone on for YEARS. Why?

Comments