Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Uninstall Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus

Options

I am running Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus v 1.1.692 on an HTC Wildfire S.

I want to uninstall it, but when I try, the uninstall just hangs. I have been trying to uninstall it via the Android Market "Update/Uninstall" interface. It warns be that the app will be uninstalled, then I just get the "Uninstalling application" bar and it never completes. I have left it "running" overnight & it still fails to uninstall.

This is a free license product and I cannot open a Support ticket as your system will not accept "Free" as a license number.

How can I get rid of this app?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums.

Please go to SETTINGS->Location and Security->Device Administrator and uncheck the one for the application.

Now it should be uninstalled without any issues.

Also, I will like to thank you for reporting the License Field issue from the Contact Form page. I have escalated your request and we will remove it. In this way users with Bitdefender Mobile Security Free can contact the support team directly.

Take care.