Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Backup Disc And Product Key.....

Options

Hi.

I have tried and now purchased a license for Bitdefender Total Security 2012 (up to 3 PCs, 1 Year).

During the purchase process I noticed two issues that I think would benefit from a little attention.

The first is the compulsory selection of a license "Automatic Renewal" function.

Simply in order to proceed with my online purchase I was required to select a checkbox which gave Bitdefender the authority to automatically charge me a further license fee each time my license expired.

My concern is that the check box and its associated text looked remarkably similar to the usual terms and conditions/license agreement mechanism we are all so familiar with.

I appreciate the similarity between the compulsory auto license renewals and the normal terms and conditions text and checkbox is accidental. However, I do wonder how many people have thought they were accepting the software's terms and conditions and actually unwittingly authorized future automatic payments to Bit-defender.

My second concern is that when I received my BackUp Disc in the post I was shocked to find the disk had my product key written on it and the packet the disk was posted in had the following text printed on the front The Software That You Ordered Is Enclosed

Um... My license was for up to 3 PCs..... lucky for me a criminal didn't steal my letter, load Bitdefender using my product key and score a years free net security!

Regards...

Comments

• George R.
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hello fredsone,

As you noticed, the automatic renewal option is not mandatory and can be canceled during the purchase process or later through the online store interface from Digital River.

In regards to the backup disc containing the software license key, it was implemented due to customer feedback requesting the license key inside the package. Most often, when selecting the backup disc option, customers would not expect to have the license key and install kit available online too.

While we hope that the package arrives securely and in a timely manner, in case of a mishap we would have gladly replaced the purchased license key which we keep track of.

Regards,

George