Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

X-plane

Options

Hi, I'm trying to get X-Plane to work, but BitDefender is defending my computer bits by not allowing it to run.

My case:

Why blame bit defender?

-X-Plane worked on my previous install when I had Kaspersky without any problems, newly reinstalled system is almost identical... hardware compatibility shouldn't be an issue.

-After turning off AV, Firewall, Antispam, update, autopilot and privacy, X-Plane doesn't work... after adding it to exclusion list in AV, it doesn't work, however if I uninstall BitDefender, X-Plane starts up without a problem.

Additional information:

-After uninstalling it, I found windows default firewall kicking in and asking whether I wanted to allow X-Plane to connect to the internet just through internal networks or anywhere it wanted... or whatever that firewall window asks for... hope you know which one I'm talking about, so it's a firewall issue I think.

-On the X-Plane forum, other people have said that adding it to the exclusions list and then to a whitelist enables X-Plane to run, but either I'm not doing the whitelist properly or older versions of BitDefender worked slightly differently.

Question:

How to get X-Plane to launch?

Comments