Confirmation To Quarantine Or Delete Virus?

Hello bitdefender team !

Can i request for a option to manually deal with a found virus?

For example when a virus is detected, you can have a option to manually select from

a list whether to quarantine it, permanently remove it or to leave it alone, instead of the current automatic virus action.

I am aware that bitdefender offers you a choice to automatically quarantine it, but it is dangerous especially if it is

false positived, or worse still, it is a system file.

Can this feature be added please?

Thanks alot !

Comments

• punee_88
    edited June 2012
    Hello bitdefender team !

Can i request for a option to manually deal with a found virus?

For example when a virus is detected, you can have a option to manually select from

a list whether to quarantine it, permanently remove it or to leave it alone, instead of the current automatic virus action.

I am aware that bitdefender offers you a choice to automatically quarantine it, but it is dangerous especially if it is

false positived, or worse still, it is a system file.

Can this feature be added please?

Thanks alot !

Hello the feature you want is already discussed by me in my topic 'add new feature'.by now there is no confirmation this feature is there in 2013.

Yesterday bitdefender internet security deleted my mass effect3 exe file n considered it as a threat.i have original game how can the bitdefender delete it,i had to block bitdefender from scanning it and reinstall the the game.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

Hello :)

You can always set Bitdefender to send infected files in quarantine.

Open the main interface, click on Settings and then on Antivirus.

Go to Shield and under On-Access scanning click on Modify.

Select the Actions tab and set the product to quarantine the files.

This is the only way to avoid False Positives and you will always be able to recover the files.

Take care.

post-9374-1341235400_thumb.png