Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Try This Solution For The Problem

Options

I've just uninstalled BIS and reinstalled it.

After that, I didn't update and disable auto update. So I don't see problem with Firewall when downloading.

I won't update until tomorrow to be sure that problem after I update.

Comments

• I've just uninstalled BIS and reinstalled it.

After that, I didn't update and disable auto update. So I don't see problem with Firewall when downloading.

Based upon several steps I took, following directions from the BD Support team, I used the BDIS 2013 "repair" option, which turned out to be a remove and reinstall operation. It went fine - except that after I rebooted (as the repair program told me to do), I couldn't re-start Windows 7 at all! Even the Windows install disk, "repair the system start" option, didn't work at that point. I am not completely sure that this problem was directly connected to BDIS 2013. I then had to do a "windows restore" operation. That whole thing scared me. With the system restore, BDIS 2013 is still displaying false "on-access scanning is disabled" messages, but my on-access scanning is still on (even though part of the program doesn't know it). I do know that the BD Support team is working hard to find out why these false indicators (i.e., on-access scanning is disabled) are popping up and can't be fixed.

I am tempted to do a complete removal and the re-install from scratch, but I'll wait a week or more on that to give the BD Support team time to look for a "fix" first.

P.S. I do make backup images of all my three HD's every Sunday evening - onto an external USB hard drive, just in case everything fails!

• columbo
    Options
    P.S. I do make backup images of all my three HD's every Sunday evening - onto an external USB hard drive, just in case everything fails!

Nice routine you have there Bob :) I probably need to be more consistent on that front, as far as backing up my PCs.

• I've just uninstalled BIS and reinstalled it.

Problem solved! I just did a complete removal of BDIS 2013 (from the Windows uninstall page) and rebooted. I then did a brand new installation and the program is running 100% active and well, with all features!

Thanks to the BitDefender Support team during all of this time.

• Problem solved! I just did a complete removal of BDIS 2013 (from the Windows uninstall page) and rebooted. I then did a brand new installation and the program is running 100% active and well, with all features!

Thanks to the BitDefender Support team during all of this time.

I made an error - not ALL features are working - I cannot turn on anti-spam (although I don't really need it, since I use gmail, and gmail's spam filters are pretty good.

• I made an error - not ALL features are working - I cannot turn on anti-spam (although I don't really need it, since I use gmail, and gmail's spam filters are pretty good.

me too, I also have a problem with Firewall, When I download with IDM and stop but BTS make IDM continue downloading. All the problem above only have after I update and restart PC sometimes.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

For those that reinstalled the product, have you used the new uninstall tool + these instructions?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

After this, update the product and reboot the PC.

Take care.

• Thanks Christian. I'll try uninstalling BD and test it again ^_^

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Please do that and after check my temporary solution for Cfosspeed posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=35766&hl=

Thank you!