Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Compatibility Bitdefender 2013

Options

-BIS 2013 not compatible with Internet download manager 6.12 beta.

-It make IDM continue downloading when I stop it :wacko:

Post other softwares not compatible here

Comments

• Me too. I sometimes facing it.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options

Secunia Personal Software Inspector is not compatible. Shame because this is a very good program.

• -BIS 2013 not compatible with Internet download manager 6.12 beta.

-It make IDM continue downloading when I stop it :wacko:

Post other softwares not compatible here

I have had major problems with Internet Security 2013. I finally uninstalled it this morning and went back to Internet Security 2012 - and the latter runs wonderfully. Regarding compatibility - I make the mistake of installing the IS 2013 Plugin for Mozilla Thunderbird - and I found that it now takes several minutes for Thunderbird to start - it sits there "not responding" for several minutes before it finally is operational. Please DO NOT install the BDIS 2013 plugin for Thunderbird!

• Trusteer Rapport not compatible with BD TS2013 - caused major problems getting back into windows 7 after a reboot.

• Trusteer Rapport not compatible with BD TS2013 - caused major problems getting back into windows 7 after a reboot.

How did you discover the conflict with Trusteer Rapport? That is very interesting, as I have had trouble on reboot with IS 2013 and have finally gone back to IS 012. I, too, have Trusteer Rapport, which helps when one is doing online transactions with a bank.

• How did you discover the conflict with Trusteer Rapport? That is very interesting, as I have had trouble on reboot with IS 2013 and have finally gone back to IS 012. I, too, have Trusteer Rapport, which helps when one is doing online transactions with a bank.

I had major issues (Windows 7 not opening / system crashes) immediately after installing BD TS2013 so I had to contact BD support. Amidst their analysis of conflicts from the zip file sent to the them was this:-

When Trusteer Rapport is installed on the PC, the RapportCerberus64 driver is

entering in conflict with the Bitdefender product update process. We've

already contacted Trusteer and our development team is collaborating with them

for solving this issue in the shortest time possible.

Meanwhile, if you are encountering blue screens caused by Trusteer Rapport

please check the workaround below:

1. Open Bitdefender and turn off Automatic updates. Then go to Settings >

Update module > from Update processing rules enable the Prompt before

downloading option;

Note: until we find a permanent solution please make only manual updates

2. Stop the Trusteer application from Start menu > All programs > Rapport >

Stop rapport;

3. Then go to Start > open Registry Editor

from Start > run > type regedit for Windows XP; or type directly in the Search

box for Vista/7;

4. Here browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapportCerberus_<number>

- for 32bits Operating system

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapportCerberus64_<number>

- for 64bits Operating System;

5. From the right side double click on the Start registry entry and change its

value data to 3, then click OK;

Note: this will set Trusteer Rapport to start manually instead of

automatically at system startup

6. Reboot the PC and start the Update process from Bitdefender main interface

> Update now -> confirm the product update and reboot the PC again.

Important: You can either

a. start the Trusteer application any time you need it from Start > All

programs > Rapport > startrapport

When Bitdefender pops up and a product update is available reboot the PC,

start the update manually, then start the Trusteer application;

b. or go back in Registry Editor and set the Start value back to 1, reboot the

PC and repeat the above steps when Bitdefender pops up that it needs a product

update.

That was all rather more involved than I needed, and blue screens were not the only issue, so I simply uninstalled Rapport and will await resolution of the conflict and then re-install it. Not ideal.

• I had major issues (Windows 7 not opening / system crashes) immediately after installing BD TS2013 so I had to contact BD support. Amidst their analysis of conflicts from the zip file sent to the them was this:-

When Trusteer Rapport is installed on the PC, the RapportCerberus64 driver is

entering in conflict with the Bitdefender product update process. We've

already contacted Trusteer and our development team is collaborating with them

for solving this issue in the shortest time possible.

- BIG SNIP -

That was all rather more involved than I needed, and blue screens were not the only issue, so I simply uninstalled Rapport and will await resolution of the conflict and then re-install it. Not ideal.

I uninstalled Trusteer Rapport, and now BDIS 2013 seems to run well (although the spam module won't start - no big deal for me). I have been in contact directly with the Rapport support staff, and they are sending me instructions to get around the problem with the RapportCerberus64 driver.

Thanks for sharing your detective work, here, and sharing the response from the BitDefender support team as well!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

This issue was also resolved via a product update.

Since everything is OK now, I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.