Auto Stealth Mode?

stebo12
edited July 2012 in Feature request

Please create an "Auto Stealth Mode" option in the settings menu. I love the product, but I have been using it on my laptop for the past couple of days and have noticed that Bitdefender IS 2013 has been switching into User Mode for some reason. I found out why (unplugging the A/C adapter forces Bitdefender into User Mode). After I plug in the A/C adapter, Bitdefender stays in User Mode.

Create a setting: If Bitdefender is in User Mode for a pre-set amount of time (30 mins or so), Stealth Mode would be turned back on. I run a PC repair business and would feel more comfort at night knowing that the Bitdefender installations that I installed on some of my customers PCs where always in Stealth Mode (because they may not be able to correctly answer questions in User Mode due to their limited knowledge with PCs).

Please look into this.

Comments

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

Mine does the same thing. Coming out of laptop mode does not switch the setting back to autopilot from user mode.

Coming out of game mode works as expected. Strange that it works correctly with game mode and not laptop mode.

• I would love to see a setting that automatically enables Stealth Mode after a pre-determined amount of time. So if you make a change (ex: turn off auto update to manually update definitions), you don't have to worry about the program staying in User Mode.

• I would love to see a setting that automatically enables Stealth Mode after a pre-determined amount of time. So if you make a change (ex: turn off auto update to manually update definitions), you don't have to worry about the program staying in User Mode.

Until they fix this you can uncheck "laptop mode" which will prevent the settings from switching... Its not much, but its better than leaving a clients AV sitting with autoscan turned off whenever they unplug their laptop due to the glitch..

• stebo12
    edited July 2012
    Until they fix this you can uncheck "laptop mode" which will prevent the settings from switching... Its not much, but its better than leaving a clients AV sitting with autoscan turned off whenever they unplug their laptop due to the glitch..

Ya. I unchecked it. But I would still like a setting that auto enables Stealth Mode so after a pre-set time, you don't have to worry about whatever your client does...the Stealth Mode will re-enable itself. Just seems like an easy fix and I hope that the Bitdefender team will use this suggestion and not only fix the Laptop Mode bug, but will add the setting to auto enable Stealth Mode for added functionality.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

I have escalated this to our Product Manager for review.

Have a great week!