Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[fixed] Vmware 8.04 Not Working After Ts 2013

Options

I upgraded my BD Total Security 2012 (4th year running this excellent antivirus) to the 2013 version earlier this week. All was OK until I tried to use VMWare Workstation ver 8.04. It came up with an error and closed the program.

I tried every setting I could think of in BD 2013, like the OnAccess Scanning, Firewall, etc. I pretty much disabled everything - but VMWare Workstation still refused to open.

I have been using VMWare Workstation on this laptop for a few years now, and I recall that there had been as similar case when I upgraded from 2011 to 2012. It was fixed later - I cannot remember if the solution came from BitDefender or if they changed VMWare Workstation version. I get updates from VMWare quite often, so maybe BD detected some operation of VMWare as "Virus-Like" and closed it.

I changed nothing on my laptop the last few weeks, so I Uninstalled 2013 and installed BitDefender TS 2012 again (I have 40 days left on that version before I have to renew) and VMware was back, working correctly.

Is there anybody else that have had the same problem?

My specs:

HP ProBook 6560b

Win 7 Pro, x64

4Gb RAM

750Gb Drive

I will post the same on VMWare Forum as well, just in case their software is the guilty party.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome to the forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• I am experiencing the same issue as well along with Packet Tracer too. It gives an error and and then close down. With Packet tracer it just hangs and i have to force close the program

HP ProBook 4430s

Win 8 Release Preview, x64

6Gb RAM

750Gb Drive

Send Christian a PM of my link

• Same issue here.

New laptop: Asus G75VW-T1066V

Windows 7 x64

I installed Total Security 2013 and then vmplayer. When trying to start vm player it gives an error and closes the program.

I have sent a pm with Christian instructions.

Thanks for further help.

Cheers

Hugo

• aaronic
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi,

I am having this issue as well. It is very urgent that I have VMware working as it is what I primarily use for any *nix-based development, and surprise surprise that's what my latest work project is. If it's not fixed within a day I'll be forced to switch to a competing AV (At the very least temporarily), as work these days is scarce and I'd like to actually finish projects, and get paid.

The part that I found probably the most useful is

2012-07-04T15:08:10.684-07:00| vmui| I120: NOT_IMPLEMENTED d:/build/ob/bora-744019/bora/lib/pollDefault/pollDefault.c:1349

but I uploaded the entire log and full backtrace anyway, as it includes a BitDefender file (in partiular: BdProvider.dll).

Also, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate + VMware Workstation 8.something + Intel Core i7 3930k + 16GB of RAM + an SSD as the boot drive and where VMware / BitDefender are installed.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9740" data-fileid="9740" rel="">vmware_ui_aaron_440.log

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I've got the logs from Dre' and we are currently investigating the issue.

Have you tried to create exclusions for the program?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Welcome (back) to the forums!

First of all, please accept our apologies for the situation created.

Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here under Update processing rules set "Prompt me before downloading updates".

When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

post-9374-1341507584_thumb.png

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2013\ and locate these files: "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_", "BdProvider.dll" to "BdProvider.dl_" and from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\BdProvider32\ rename "BdProvider.dll" to "BdProvider.dl_"

The last one is only present on 64 bit systems.

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

This is just a temporary workaround until the update is released. When the fix will be pushed on our servers, I will let you know so you can revert the settings and everything will function properly.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day!

• Restart in Safe Mode with Windows 8:

Press "Windows+I"->"Change PC Settings". In left-column, select "General", then in right-column, in "Advanced Startup"->press "Restart now". Wait and then select "Troubleshoot"->"Advanced Options"->"Startup settings"->"Restart". System will restart and then you can select start in "Safe Mode".

• HugoLeitao
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi again,

the problem did not persist. Your workaround was able in fact to go around :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your reply and assistance.

Could I ask what have we done when renaming the files? May be a dumb question, but security and anti-virus is still in place despite the renaming, right?

Cheers,

Hugo

*edit to correct some typos

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

The issue is caused by the Parental Control integration with VMware software. By using that workaround, you basically disable this integration and until the update is released, you won't be able to use this module.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Take care.

• Tried the solution and here is the results

- The vmware error disappeared, but after opening any vmware, it says it can't cause the vmware authorization service cannot start, tried to start it manually but got an error.

- The web explorers stopped working, although i can ping any ip address through cmd.

• Tried the solution and here is the results

- The vmware error disappeared, but after opening any vmware, it says it can't cause the vmware authorization service cannot start, tried to start it manually but got an error.

- The web explorers stopped working, although i can ping any ip address through cmd.

I had the same problem, it's because safe mode corrupted your winsock file.

Execute this command on console (Start->Run->cmd)

netsh winsock reset

Restart computer.

Check the video. minute 1:05 ... there is a typo on the video in the reset word

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.16.0.1349(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry148172

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

NOTE: if you used the workaround posted on this topic, you will have to revert the changes and the product update will be installed silently.

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a great weekend!

• Hmmm

82606870.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

The update was released one hour ago, right now is synced on the servers and mirrors and you will received it in a few hours.

Please be patient.

post-9374-1341578656_thumb.png

Take care.

• Thanks much

• Thanks Christian.

When you say revert, also imply renaming the files back to .dll?

Cheers

Hugo

• WORKED !! PERFECT :D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

@ Hugo

Yes, you need to rename back those files. They need to be in the original state and the update will take care of everything.

@ FOF & Dre'

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

@ Hugo

Yes, you need to rename back those files. They need to be in the original state and the update will take care of everything.

@ FOF & Dre'

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a great weekend!

I reverted the dlls and the updates are back again in silent mode. How long does it take to update?

Can I force it to update? (I pressed the update now and nothing happened)

• bankvp
    edited July 2012
    Options

How long should it take for the 1349 build to become available to end users? My install has processed two updates (per update event log), but my build is still 1348.

• joel97
    Options

and for German Users ?

• bankvp
    edited July 2012
    Options

Called Customer Care to determine if build 1349 can be directly downloaded. Representative had me repair my installation of Internet Security 2013 which re-downloaded build 1348 and informed me there is no method available to directly dl a new build. So Bitdefender does not believe it's necessary to slipstream 1349 into their repair download service to solve a compatability problem with widely distributed IT Pro software.

As an IT manager with budget authority, I doubt I will be recommending their business software for use in my enterprise or any other enterpise I consult with and if build 1349 is not available by Monday afternoon, I will be requesting a refund of my two year license.

• This must be really sad for those that have this software installed on their production machines just like me, slowing down their work. Symantec can push their updates instantly via live update. I'm shocked that Bitdefender has such slow distribution of updates. I'm in UK and I am still on 1348. I guess we just need to wait. There should be direct link for clean install of 1349. :mellow:

• bankvp
    Options

Paperclip, no it's not sad, this is a business decision that Bitdefender has made to operate with a sub-standard update system which requires IT'S CUSTOMERS to wait over 48 hours to obtain updates to software which the customer paid for. If you do not like waiting 48 hours for updates to be posted, reply to his thread!

• I tried to use US proxy, but the same i can't update, you are really slowing down my work, there must direct link for the final 1349 install, by Monday i will change to Kaspersky, i can't wait any longer than Monday, btw this is my 4th year using bitdefender, but u screwed me twice in vmware, the firewall block (u didn't fix btw, after i contacted support and u used teamviewer, u said it will be fixed in the next build, i can't remember 2010 or 2011)

• I tried to use US proxy, but the same i can't update, you are really slowing down my work, there must direct link for the final 1349 install, by Monday i will change to Kaspersky, i can't wait any longer than Monday, btw this is my 4th year using bitdefender, but u screwed me twice in vmware, the firewall block (u didn't fix btw, after i contacted support and u used teamviewer, u said it will be fixed in the next build, i can't remember 2010 or 2011)

The .exe has been updated with the latest build

Bitdefender Total Security 2013 16.16.0.1349

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_tsecurity.exe

BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2013 16.0.16.1349

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_antivirus.exe

BitDefender Internet Security 2013 16.0.16.1349

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_isecurity.exe

• offline installer available?

• ltdat1107
    edited July 2012
    Options

Version 16.0.16.1349 VMware still not compatible?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

For those that didn't receive the 1349 build over Automatic Update, please follow these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148750

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!

• Hello :)

For those that didn't receive the 1349 build over Automatic Update, please follow these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148750

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!

[/quote

I got mine today, reverted the workaround and I can confirm that it's now working.

Thanks for the support,

Cheers,

Hugo

• MikeyTT
    Options

The auto update to build 1349 didn't automatically fix this issue for me. I had to fully uninstall everything to get it to work:

• Uninstalled Bitdefender
    • Rebooted
    • Uninstalled VMWare Workstation 8.0.4
    • Rebooted
    • Installed VMWare Workstation 8.0.4
    • Rebooted
    • Installed Bitdefender
    • Rebooted
    • Updated Bitdefender to 1349 as installer insisted on installing 1348
    • Rebooted
    • Run VMWare Workstation 8.0.4 (Asks for license acceptance at this point)
    • Load up shells and "finally" good to go

I did try different permutations of the above, but I couldn't get them to work together. I do now have 8.0.4 working with 1349 tho now.

Mike...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike :)

I am glad to hear that.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.

• Joerg.Stade@gmx.de
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello,

what is with the German version? I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 yesterday and after this, VMWare 8.0 chrashes with an errormessage. After rollback to Bitdefender Total Security 2012 VMware starts normally. I am a little astonished, that the German version is still incompatible to VMWare!

Please inform me if the German version will also work.

Thank you

Jörg Stade

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

The fix was released only for the US version and will soon be ported to all localizations.

Until the update will be released, you have 2 options: install the English version (remove the current version with the uninstall tool posted here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804 and install the product by following these instructions http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...=312&id=53) or use the workaround posted here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148077.

Thank you in advance for understanding!