Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Technical problem with Bitdefender

Options

Hi all,

One of my friends had a problem after installing bitdefender. All his office files have been corrupted. Now when he opens any of his documents it shows error in opening. What could be the problem?

Comments

• The files got corrupted after a virus scan? If yes then it could be because those office files were infected with macro viruses, and maybe got corrupted after an attempt of disinfection.

• is there any way to restore these word and excel files?

• Niels
    Options

Hi Vimal

You can try this put in the installation disc of microsoft office. Then go to start,all programs,microsoft office,microsoft office helptools,microsoft office application repair. Or something similar because I don't now how it's called in an English version of windows. Be sure that you close all office programs.

If that fails you can try this tool to restore them : http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Regards

Niels

• alexcrist
    Options
    You can try this put in the installation disc of microsoft office. Then go to start,all programs,microsoft office,microsoft office helptools,microsoft office application repair. Or something similar because I don't now how it's called in an English version of windows. Be sure that you close all office programs.

Hi Niels,

I think he was talking about the actual documents, not about the Office applications.

Cris.

• Niels
    Options
    Hi Niels,

I think he was talking about the actual documents, not about the Office applications.

Cris.

Hi Cris

This is what he posted in his first post : office files have been corrupted. Now when he opens any of his documents it shows error in opening. What could be the problem?

Office files are for me the programparts of the office suite.

Niels

• A simple test to find out for sure: If your documents are corrupted, they will not open with MS Office or any other application. So here's what you do:

1) Click "Start" on the taskbar

2) In the Start menu, click on the option that says "Run..."

3) Now a small window will pop up, and there will be some space where you can type the name of the program you want to run

4) In this small window, type "Wordpad"

5) WordPad will open. Try opening any of your *.doc extension files (I assume thats what you meant by documents) if you have any and see whether WordPad is able to open them.

6) If WordPad opens them, then most likely the office installation is corrupted. Or else, the documents themselves are corrupted.

Vimal, it would be appreciated if you could show some screen shots of the errors you are encountering. :)

• A simple test to find out for sure: If your documents are corrupted, they will not open with MS Office or any other application. So here's what you do:

1) Click "Start" on the taskbar

2) In the Start menu, click on the option that says "Run..."

3) Now a small window will pop up, and there will be some space where you can type the name of the program you want to run

4) In this small window, type "Wordpad"

5) WordPad will open. Try opening any of your *.doc extension files (I assume thats what you meant by documents) if you have any and see whether WordPad is able to open them.

6) If WordPad opens them, then most likely the office installation is corrupted. Or else, the documents themselves are corrupted.

Vimal, it would be appreciated if you could show some screen shots of the errors you are encountering. :)

Hi there,

The error that I get when I open any word or excel document is just 'DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]' writen on a blank page.

• If you have a clean install of Microsoft Office, then the documents you are trying to open are corrupted. Do you get the same error for every document?

• _fangdi_
    Options

i have a problem with my bit_internet_sercurity .When i choose scan ,it shows that " bit defender cannot connect the scanner",so can u help me ?

• You have this problem when you try to scan a file/folder from the context menu? Try to make an update, and see if it fixes the bug.

• khufu
    Options

Try to restart all BD services, go to run type services.msc and restart all BD services.

• _fangdi_
    Options

Thanks alot

• If you have a clean install of Microsoft Office, then the documents you are trying to open are corrupted. Do you get the same error for every document?

Yes I get the same error for every document.