Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

For Av Plus Update From 2012 To 2013, An Issue

Options

Hi,

Before removing my AV Plus 2012 to change to the new 2013 version (on my wife's laptop only - I have Internet Security 2013 installed on my desktop), I checked the upgrade installation instructions, which said in part, "The installer will automatically retrieve your license key so you will not need to enter it again during the setup."

I then followed the instructions to the letter - I ran the BD uninstall tool (which I downloaded) to remove AV Plus 2012, then I installed the AV Plus 2013. But the license key didn't transfer, so my product list for MyBitDefender still shows AV Plus 2012 with around 350 days left and it shows, separately, AV Plus 2013 with a 30 day life (no license key showing).

Do I misunderstand something here, or indeed is there an error? I.e., should the license have transfered to AV Plus 2013 with 350 days remaining?

Thanks for any help here!

Comments

• Hi,

- SNIP -

Do I misunderstand something here, or indeed is there an error? I.e., should the license have transfered to AV Plus 2013 with 350 days remaining?

Thanks for any help here!

SOLVED!!!! I started all over again! I removed AV Plus 1013 (using the Windows 7 program remove window). I then installed AV Plus 2012. All was well.

Then I installed the new AV Plus 2013 OVER the AV Plus 2012 (instead of manually removing AV Plus 2012 using the Windows 7 program removal process). I proceeded with the installation in this way: The AV 2013 installer asked if I wanted to remove AV 2012, and I consented, and the removal process began. After the 2012 AV was removed, I was directed to REBOOT. I did - and then the AV PLus 2013 program asked if I wanted to proceed with the installation (of the 2013 program) - and I did so! Voila - the license in the program transfered perfectly, and now shows that I have 350 days of my original 365 (I just bought AV Plus 2012 about 15 days ago). Wonderful. Better: Wunderbar!

Now all is well!

• columbo
    Options

Nice self diagnostics, Bob :):)

• bbriley42
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nice self diagnostics, Bob :):)

Hi Columbo!

I "had" to respond to your note about 'self diagnostics!'

In a human sense (not a narrow tech sense), 'self diagnostics' is a central part of our life task, I believe. The problem with each of us isn't life itself - it is the "filters" in our perception of life that we have set up even before realizing it. This leads to fears, angers, tribal thinking, nationalism, jealousy, etc. Thus we need to FIND those parts of ourselves which interfere with our receiving and extending love - the core of our BEING.

As the famous Persian/Iranian mystic, Rumi, put it, “'Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.'” That saying reminds me of a statement attibuted to Jesus - 'Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven," a deep place within and among us where peace and love abound. I think that Rumi and Jesus were referring to something very similar in the liberating potential of human experience.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by being 'off topic' here, but your term 'self diagnostics' got me going!

Thanks for your tech comments, also!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!