Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Rescue Mode: Error 15 - File Cannot Be Found

Options

Hello,

I rebooted into the rescue mode after a normal scan of my C:\ drive showed that some files were not cleaned.

On rebooting, the screen went black and very small green text appeared which looked like 'File not found, Press any Key.' and an error 15 code.

I pressed any key and then saw two very small tables that looked like boot options. Upon selecting an option, the previous screen with the error 15 code appeared again.

Rescue did not rescue me.

Thanks,

Lee.

Comments

• Lee_S
    Options
    Hello,

I rebooted into the rescue mode after a normal scan of my C:\ drive showed that some files were not cleaned.

On rebooting, the screen went black and very small green text appeared which looked like 'File not found, Press any Key.' and an error 15 code.

I pressed any key and then saw two very small tables that looked like boot options. Upon selecting an option, the previous screen with the error 15 code appeared again.

Thanks,

Lee.

Any ideas about this? A rescue mode that itself needs rescuing isn't going to help me very much.

• alexx69
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Lee_S,

Did you first set the resolution? When you rebot your computer in rescue mode, you firstly press "enter" and after that chose resolution of video image and after that press enter again.

Best Regards.

• Hi Lee_S,

Did you first set the resolution? When you rebot your computer in rescue mode, you firstly press "enter" and after that chose resolution of video image and after that press enter again.

Best Regards.

I am having the same problem.

Choosing a resolution does not seem to help: both "Bitdefender rescue mode automatic" and (for me) 18xx-768-xx (x is numbers in the resolution i can't see) just skips me back to the starting page (ERROR 15)

the only difference is that the Auto option gets a stream of text, then stops and then back.

• cohbraz
    Options

Exact same problem here. Very small green text that I can't read except for Error 15: File Not Found, Press Any Key.

I performed a Repair to Bitdefender but that did not help. Running Total Security 2013.

• Lee_S
    Options
    Hi Lee_S,

Best Regards.

In 2012, I set the resolution from a screen full of options. In 2013, only the green text and no screen full of options. It looks like a Linux boot screen. I wonder if Grub would help.

• Lee_S
    Options

This is the first screen I see when entering rescue mode:

post-103073-1342025570_thumb.jpg

And a closeup.

post-103073-1342025591_thumb.jpg

• ryukyu
    Options

Same here even did a repair because the protection wouldn't start after a reboot. I just bought and installed this from download from the Bitdefender site and I'm getting the same error on Win7 Ultim x64. I'm trying to remove a boot block virus from an external drive which it detects but won't remove so I tried to do it in rescue mode.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you very much for your feedback!

We were able to reproduce this issue and it was forwarded to our developers. The fix should be released with the next product update really soon.

As a workaround, please use the Rescue CD if the product can not clean some malware that is in use.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16602

Thank you very much for understanding.

Have a great day!

• Lee_S
    Options

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

You are most welcome.

I will let you know when the update is released.

Take care.

• amitraina
    edited August 2012
    Options

hi

i also update my version bitdefender internet security 2013 build 16.18.0.1406...but still can'nt boot into rescue mode ..same error ..

also other problem that i got is browser sandbox didn't work in any browser....i hve repair bis and uninstall and install today a fresh copy of this but still these problem came...also scan time is more it takes 4 hour to complete a scan where 2012 version take 1 hour in my laptop new version four hour..and

this is separate question ( after completing the scan it detect its own file as virus ..i talked in chat what reply ame after one month .......

Ticket ID:201207011003373)

any help from ur side so tht i run this smoothly without any problem...........

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please Repair the current installation and let me know if the issue is resolved.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

The issue with Rescue Mode was resolved in the latest product update.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151654

Take care.

• amitraina
    edited August 2012
    Options

Know Rescue Mode work ............u hve checked this ticket number Ticket ID:201207011003373

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The ticket is closed in the system.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Take care.