Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Huge Problem With Bitdefender 2013

Options

So i recently uninstalled bitdefender 2012 and installed the 2013 version. Now the problem im having that I didn't have with Bitdefender 2012 is when my pc goes to sleep +5 hours or more all my browsers stop connecting to the internet my pc becomes very unusable. Basically when i try to go to any website on google chrome (after pc wakes up +5 hours) it doesnt connect but then Mozilla Firefox can connect to internet only for 5 minutes then it no longer cant connect. Then my internet basically stop working on my pc period and the only way i can fix this is if i restart my pc.

Comments

• I had a similar problem where my pc would totally freeze after idle time & I could not open any program & my only way out was to keep holding power button until pc turned off. This was a daily occurrence (on 2 PC's)

I have been asked for a log file but I couldn't risk using this software while it was locking up pc so sadly uninstalled it. It's potential is very good though.

• IDK i uninstalled TuneUp Utilites 2012 and the problem seems to go away.

• I also recently download and install Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and are facing same problem. All of my browsers stops working after some time and my Torrent client continues to download. But when I stops torrent and start again it also fail to connect. I have tried with disabling of Firewall and Antivirus but no success. The only solution in to restart my computer.

Is there any workaround with this problem or I have to switch to some other antivirus solution.

Qaiser

• EremiticWolf
    edited July 2012
    Options

I too had a problem with Bit Defender 2013, with a game not even opening, other games loading slow and the computer running slow. I am on Windows 8 RP.

When I uninstalled Bit Defender the game loaded up fine and the computer is running fast.

Didn't have a problem before with Bit Defender 2012, really liked the program.

Dunno if Bit Defender 2012 can run on Windows 8 RP.

• ntvolli
    Options
    I also recently download and install Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and are facing same problem. All of my browsers stops working after some time and my Torrent client continues to download. But when I stops torrent and start again it also fail to connect. I have tried with disabling of Firewall and Antivirus but no success. The only solution in to restart my computer.

Is there any workaround with this problem or I have to switch to some other antivirus solution.

Qaiser

It seems that i have a simmilar problem with the FreeDownloadmanager. Bitdefender seemst to keep all (!) connections from the fdm open, so your bandwith will become smaller and smaller. There was problem called "Ghost Traffic" with the Version 2011

Yours Olli

• I uninstalled BTS 2013 i couldn't deal with it anymore it kept giving me bluescreens after bluescreens Enough is Enough. Next time whenever Bitdefender release a so-call "Final Product" im going to wait atleast 3-6months because thats when all the bugs is out.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.18.0.1406(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151654

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.