Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mozilla Firefox & Opera Browser Crash

Options

Hi bitdefender.

After install bitdefender total security 2013, mozilla firefox & opera browser crash on my pc.

Firefox: 13.0.1

Opera: 12 final

Now i often use seamonkey & google chrome.

Please help .

Thank you.

Comments

• jamson
    Options

No such issues with Opera 12 here :/

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Please update to Firefox 14.0.1 and let me know if you encounter the same issue.

Also, are you using Opera 12 on 64 bit?

Have a great weekend!

• kille
    Options

Hi,

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2013 16.16.0.13049 (trial version) and Firefox 14.01 and Firefox crashes now from time to time. My system is Vista 32bit.

I have also another problem related to chatter website. It seems like java not functioning properly i.e. some components are blocked and /or data transfer is blocked. It is impossible now to see anything in the Firefox when I login to the chatter website. The problem with chatter website disappears when I deisntall BDTS 2013. I have tried to add exclusion for java to AVC and firewall with no success, have tried to switch off all modules of BDTS one by one without any success again. Only removal aof BDTS solves the issue. It seems strange to me that only removal of the BDTS unblocks chatter functionality and not switching of BDTS modules. Is any help for this problem ?

I have tested BDTS on another computer with Windows 7 64bit and and have the same problem as on Vista 32.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the forums!

Could you please try this solution and let me know if everything is OK after?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150159

Have a great day!

• xanthos
    edited July 2012
    Options

Same problem. Using Opera 12 with BD, webpages will fail to download, hang up or only partially download. When I uninstall BD the problem goes away.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Can you please provide me some of your favorite websites so I can run some tests? Also, did you modify some settings in Bitdefender?

Thank you!

• Firefox users that are crashing, please provide the following information to help Mozilla QA troubleshoot the issue:

*Machine information - Windows Version and whether you are running 32/64 bit

*Version of BitDefender you are using

*Setting configuration - default or custom settings?

*Have you installed the root cert?

*What are you doing when the crash happens?

Thanks in advance for providing information to help us reproduce this issue.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Firefox users that are crashing, please provide the following information to help Mozilla QA troubleshoot the issue:

*Have you installed the root cert?

Will you please explain what you mean by this? -> '*Have you installed the root cert?'

Mozilla root certificate? Why would an average user install this?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Firefox users that are crashing, please provide the following information to help Mozilla QA troubleshoot the issue:

*Machine information - Windows Version and whether you are running 32/64 bit

*What are you doing when the crash happens?

Hi firefoxenthusiast :)

Aren't the 2 above covered in a Firefox Crash Report? Would the Add-Ons be a concern too, as far as which ones, how many, and if they are up to date?

Sorry, I guess I have more questions than you. ^_^

Thanks, as we try to help each other :)

Columbo

• On my two testing machines I keep getting a Bit Defender Popup that asks me to install a root certificate. I click OK, Firefox closes, and then eventually the popup comes up again. So it seems this Bitdefender Root Certificate is never getting installed properly.

Will you please explain what you mean by this? -> '*Have you installed the root cert?'

Mozilla root certificate? Why would an average user install this?

• Hello Columbo - I get top level Operating System information (breakdown of Win 7/XP/Vista) but the crash reporting system does not break it down further ATM.

We don't always catch the URL at the time of the crash, and often in crash reports the URL can be a loss leader for the crash.

Regarding addon correlations, the only correlation that shows so far for this crash is and 18% correlation to Adblock Plus.

Hi firefoxenthusiast :)

Aren't the 2 above covered in a Firefox Crash Report? Would the Add-Ons be a concern too, as far as which ones, how many, and if they are up to date?

Sorry, I guess I have more questions than you. ^_^

Thanks, as we try to help each other :)

Columbo

• columbo
    Options

So far I have yet to get that pop up, with 3 PCs running Bitdefender v. 2012 & 2013, and F.F. 12.0, and 14.0.1.

Is there a certain webpage that you get those pop ups to ask to install root certificate, or just when you open to the home page, so I can try to duplicate it?

• columbo
    Options
    Hello Columbo - I get top level Operating System information (breakdown of Win 7/XP/Vista) but the crash reporting system does not break it down further ATM.

We don't always catch the URL at the time of the crash, and often in crash reports the URL can be a loss leader for the crash.

Regarding addon correlations, the only correlation that shows so far for this crash is and 18% correlation to Adblock Plus.

Thanks for that kind and informative reply, I appreciate it..now knowing more of the "behind the scenes" of F.F. :)

• xanthos
    edited July 2012
    Options

Can you please provide me some of your favorite websites so I can run some tests? Also, did you modify some settings in Bitdefender?

Thank you!

I uninstalled it but

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ (Set to show "max number of posts per page" in the forum settings/control panel. Any long thread would fail to completely download. This would also happen in many other forums that allow you to increase posts per thread view. And on other sites with long web pages)

http://forums.anandtech.com/

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/

http://www.lipstickalley.com/

I also had the root certificate problem with Opera on a bunch of sites.

It also made opera hang and be generally slower than it normally should be.

All settings in BD were on default.

• columbo
    Options

I did finally get the certificate to pop up, when I installed Opera and loaded it for the 1st time, so now I see what that's about. That didn't come up again, after restarting it a couple of times, and going to the links provided above (anandtech.. very cool ;) ) , or some of the pages I went to.

On my PC, Opera loaded all the web pages cleanly and fairly quickly, considering there being scanned. I have about 13 tabs open, and only had one slow load of the dvdtalk.com web page, and I did have to refresh it.

I don't know if it means anything, but it's on a PC with the 2013 AV+ running 64-bit with the fresh install of Opera...nice browser :)

OperaViewCert.jpg

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I reinstalled Firefox and received the notification that you received, Columbo. I deleted the certificate and reinstalled Bitdefender AV+. The certificate was installed in Firefox without any notification. I can't duplicate any problem here. The only thing I can think of is remnants of another security program or another security program blocking the installation. I use a hips program which asked me to approve the certificate installation.

Also, I read somewhere that the BD Parental Control driver may play a part in the crash and that it occurred mainly on x86 machines. If this is true then it would be best to use Total Security or Internet Security to test this. I don't know if the failure of the certificate to install and Firefox crashing are related or not. The security certificates failure to install prevents browsing of secure sites. In fact, I have seen in other posts where users have had to turn SSL scanning off to view these sites.

post-63102-1343267887_thumb.png

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry about the double post. Ran out of time to edit again.

Here is the crash report -> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/list...ature=StrCmpNIA

• columbo
    Options
    Also, I read somewhere that the BD Parental Control driver may play a part in the crash and that it occurred mainly on x86 machines. If this is true then it would be best to use Total Security or Internet Security to test this. I don't know if the failure of the certificate to install and Firefox crashing are related or not. The security certificates failure to install prevents browsing of secure sites. In fact, I have seen in other posts where users have had to turn SSL scanning off to view these sites.

Good points, since Opera isn't a huge and intrusive file install, I should have installed it on a PC running the suite, to get a truer test with all the modules installed esp. the Parental Control, as in exodius original post he mentioned he was using Total Security.

• Pushkar112
    Options
    I reinstalled Firefox and received the notification that you received, Columbo. I deleted the certificate and reinstalled Bitdefender AV+. The certificate was installed in Firefox without any notification. I can't duplicate any problem here. The only thing I can think of is remnants of another security program or another security program blocking the installation. I use a hips program which asked me to approve the certificate installation.

The Problem Is Not Of Security Software Remains.

I Bought A New HDD And Face Same Problem Of Crashing

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Please check my answer from this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151823

Have a great week!