Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Find Comparison Chart/info On Bdis 2013

Options

Searched thru the forms and Bitdefender.com but can't find a direct comparison of features/benefits of BDIS2013 vs my current BDIS2012 ?

The only real issue I've had with BDIS2012 was that the "last scan" info would never update unless a full system scan was run...then it would continue to add days since last scan until the next full system scan.

However...a couple of major "updates" ago...now all my systems...ie..Win 7 PRO 32 & 64 bit...and my XP Pro SP3 machines are updating as designed daily without the need for any "Full System Scans"

Assuming this is not another program glitch and the autoscan feature is working fine now....I'd like to compare features/benefits of BDIS2012 to the new released BDIS2013...??...any charts or comparison pages out there ??

Thanks much...TiminAz

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi TiminAz,

I couldn't find anything either where the direct improvements , comparison side by side is made. The closest, but not even the closest was comparing their 2012 web page of the I.S with their 2013 web page, where it just shows, "new" or "improved".

Maybe someone else will find something more of what you're looking for.

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I will try to make a small list of all the new and improved modules.

1. SAFEPAY – NEW

2. SAFEBOX – IMPROVED

3. SECURITY WATCHDOG – NEW

4. My Bitdefender portal – IMPROVED

5. PARENTAL CONTROL – IMPROVED and implemented in My Bitdefender instead in the main interface.

6. ANTI-THEFT – NEW

7. REMOTE MANAGEMENT – NEW

8. INTERFACE – IMPROVED

9. NETWORK MAP - removed and replaced by REMOTE MANAGEMENT in My Bitdefender

10. BITDEFENDER IMMUNIZER - NEW

post-9374-1342955420_thumb.png

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

And what about space and resources usage as compared to 2012?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Bitdefender 2013 is lighter with system resources. We have brand new drivers(gzflt.sys instead of bdfsfltr.sys and a new AVC driver) that were especially created for this product and this improves the overall performance of the product.

The system requirements are posted here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/inter...%20Requirements

In the next product update we will include also a brand new firewall drivers to solve all the issues with IPv6.

Thank you!

• columbo
    Options

Some nice follow up info. Christian :)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I will try to make a small list of all the new and improved modules.

1. SAFEPAY – NEW

2. SAFEBOX – IMPROVED

3. SECURITY WATCHDOG – NEW

4. My Bitdefender portal – IMPROVED

5. PARENTAL CONTROL – IMPROVED and implemented in My Bitdefender instead in the main interface.

6. ANTI-THEFT – NEW

7. REMOTE MANAGEMENT – NEW

8. INTERFACE – IMPROVED

9. NETWORK MAP - removed and replaced by REMOTE MANAGEMENT in My Bitdefender

10. BITDEFENDER IMMUNIZER - NEW

post-9374-1342955420_thumb.png

Thank you!

I have never heard of Security Watchdog. What is it? Also, isn't the widget new? I have a hard time remembering things from year to year.

• columbo
    Options

lol, it's hard to keep up with it all ^_^

I believe Security Watchdog it Bitdefender's name for the widget, implying that it is a quick reference to see how the security is doing, i.e., Updating, Events, Firewall activity, Scanning activity, color status ...the "watchdog" parts of the widget.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

You are absolutely right, Security Watchdog is the new widget that we introduced in the new products.

bitdefenderwidget.jpg

Useful, right? You can see all the warnings and the activity in realtime.

Take care.

• trinaz
    Options

You are absolutely right, Security Watchdog is the new widget that we introduced in the new products.

bitdefenderwidget.jpg

Take care.

Certainly not a biggie as far as issues go...but BD might consider adding the ability to set the "opacity" of the 'Watchdog'. I have a number of small widgets/gadgets on screen (dual screen setup ) and it's nice to have the opacity down when not the focus of the window. All the others I can hover over for full/clear normal viewing...but when the mouse leaves...the widgets...except BD's...revert back to about 40% opacity on my Win 7 screens.

post-31073-1343173002_thumb.jpg

TRinAz

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Take care.

I'm glad BD did not invest their time in developing a gadget. Instead it is a widget.

It could be 3/4 of the size and still be useful. Why so big?

Also, if a person is using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, why is it not specific to the program installed? I don't have BDIS installed anymore so I am not using the BD firewall. I don't care for the use of the widget to send me to a product upgrade.

Some info on windows sidebar and gadgets. This is why I stated that I'm glad BD did not build a windows gadget.

Gadget security advisory -> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2719662

Desktop gadgets -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...onalize/gadgets

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

Interesting links, Charyb, I did not know all that was going on concerning the gadgets.

I too would like to see the widget a little smaller, with the option to stay on top of all windows, so I could better see and follow Firewall/Scanning activity.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I like the stay on top option too.

With the windows gadget problems, it makes me wonder how safe the extensions are in Chrome and Firefox. Android market has malware, windows gadgets, why not Chrome and Firefox extensions? I wonder what safeguards are in place for this and does security software know the difference between a good and a bad extension?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I will forward it to our developers.

This will helps us improve all the modules from our products.

Have a great week!

• Hi Christian, About your new driver "gzflt.sys". This driver somehow causing my computer to start-up, I'm getting Blue Screan of Death (BSOD) whenever I start my laptop. I'm getting error "System_Service_Exception, Error Code:0x0000003b". This problem started happening when I upgraded my bitdefender 2012 to 2013. Please let me know if you know how to solve this problem///

thanks,

• rootkit
    Options

The conversation about gzflt.sys will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38820

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.