Application Blocked Even Though Rules Says Allowed!

We have 2 different PC's at home where a tested application ran perfect on 1 and not at all on the other.

We checked firewall applications rules, checked that we had same settings but

nothing helped, not even turning off the firewall.

We then uninstalled, restarted and application then worked. Reinstalled, made

sure to remove all rules, restarted application and we had same problem back!

Now in one thread i saw mentioned "Recommended Settings" for internet traffic,

saying that in "Adapter Setting" it should be set to Stealth mode = Off

and Generic = Yes

Just for curiousity we tried this, restarted and to our surprise the application is now working!

Can anyone plz explain the reason for this to us? I did NOT need to set this on my other PC.

Comments

• No support here?? (correct me if im wrong, maybe this is just a read-onöy forum that BD staff seldom look into?)

Found too many strange behaviours with this product. Uninstalled, reinstallad, reparied and even tested on totally clean system running on virtual machine (vmware). Was considering this as choice of firewall for family and friend, but i guess

it's all about to get unistalled from now on....

I have an application (.exe file) that i absolutly don't want to connect to internet, so i make a rule adding this file and

i set it to deny on all network, all adaptors and all protocols. Now when starting the application it STILL connects to internet!

How difficult can it be? If this is not the right way to deny an application, can you please explain how to do it?

Or is it some strange settings in this application that takes priority over created firewall rules? On all other firewalls i have

tested, when setting an application rule as deny it always have stopped it from connecting to internet... strange!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Could you please post here a download link for that application?

I wan to run some tests on it to confirm the current situation.

Thank you!