Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Bitdefender And Malwarebytes, A Chaos

Options

from the web, http://beta2013.bitdefender.com/

"We've listened to our valued Beta testers and are responding by making Bitdefender 2013 compatible with Malwarebytes so you can use both products at the same time."

And here on the forum we got info from support that

"We do not recommend you to run another antivirus or anti-malware product near Bitdefender."

But isn't it seems some sort of dissatisfaction that the user can installed two antimalware softwares? Can't we rely on bitdefender alone to keep our computers secure. Its a bad impression of the company to suggest other similar product to use with their own. It also means that Bitdefender lack in protecting the computer in some way, and this lacking can be overcome by using Malwarebytes along with it....wow...instead of improving their product and to overcome its deficiencies, an other product is suggested......thats cool......isn't it. :rolleyes:

I don't want to insult anyone....rather i suggest that the bitdefender alone should be capable of securing the system....and....Bitdefender team, you should build the confidence of the user about using your own product assuring them about their computer security, not by making your product compatible with others.

Bitdefender has already three layers of active protection i.e. Signature, Heuristics, and AVC.

And I consider the Technical Support as FOURTH Layer protection.

Comments

• peleus
    Options

The above statement should be correct. MBAB is more like a scanner than a security software. I would like to run tests on this too and see if there would be a conflict. smile2.png

• Yes its going to be a conflict i'm having problems with ThreatFire & Bitdefender. Even though ThreatFire is just a "Behavior Protection" software i get alot of problems. Well just basically bluescreens.

• JAGUARS
    Options

.....where is support??????

• JAGUARS
    edited July 2012
    Options

many similar topics are redirected to this topic....but no one from the support bother to reply.

user comments also requested.

• many similar topics are redirected to this topic....but no one from the support bother to reply.

user comments also requested.

On my 32bits machines it seems there are no compatibility problems: MBAM and BD run side by side. (check also MBAM Forum)

On my 64 bits machine I have several problems with BD, so at present I disabled MBAM just to make sure. Let you know.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I now have a final answer for you: you can use now use MBAM near Bitdefender 2013 and only near this product. The older versions are not compatible.

Also there is one more condition for this: you can use only the FREE version(the one that doesn't have the protection turned on).

Our beta testers reported some situations when both products were detecting the same file and this can cause slowdowns or crashes.

Also, please note that MBAM offers by default in all installation kits a 14 days trial period, so be careful and choose Decline when prompted.

post-9374-1343652467_thumb.png

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I declare this subject resolved.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.