Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Website Logged In Admin Page Blocked

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to work on one of my client's websites and Bitdefender has blocked some of the pages within the logged in administration area. This is a website for a humane society so the site content itself is not in question (meaningI'm not at an a.dult site or anything of the sort). It doesn't tell me *why* it's blocked (pfishing, malware ???) just:

STOP! Bitdefender blocked this web page.

This page is blocked by the administrator.

Access from your browser has been blocked.

Ask permission from your computer administrator

and the link to ask permission from the computer administrator doesn't work. I click it and nothing happens.

This is a Wordpress website and I cannot get to the "All Posts" administration page. The website itself doesn't seem to be having any issues, just the "posts" area in the admin from what I can tell.

I have about 10-12 Wordpress websites that I work on regularly -- I sure hope this isn't going to be a Bitdefender habit.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Deb

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Deb :)

Please disable the Parental Control for the current account and reboot your PC.

In order to turn off the Parental Control module, please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Parental Control module and select the Accounts tab. Make sure that Parental Control is turned off for all your user accounts. Reboot your machine and tell me if everything is OK now.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day.

• DebC
    Options

Removing the Parental Control and rebooting did not cure this. I still cannot access at minimal the comments administration sections . This is past getting serious. I can't not be able to work on websites because of this. The link to notify the administrator that is in the blocking page that comes up also still does not work. I tried turning of the notifications in Bitdefender to see if that would work but with nothing configured in the fields it won't OK the changes. I also tried whitelisting and that didn't help. I hope you can help soon or Bitdefender is going to have to go and you'll be receiving a request for a refund. I'm sorry but as a website developer this is crippling my working ability.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• DebC
    Options

Ok so I'm trying your fix. I started the uninstall at 7:12am. It's now 8:21 am and it's still not done -- appears to be hung up just over the 1/2 way point at the deleting shortcuts point. It's affecting my network, I can't use any other devices it seems while this is going on. I have no doubt that if I simply close it I'll have major problems. So now what?

• DebC
    Options
    Ok so I'm trying your fix. I started the uninstall at 7:12am. It's now 8:21 am and it's still not done -- appears to be hung up just over the 1/2 way point at the deleting shortcuts point. It's affecting my network, I can't use any other devices it seems while this is going on. I have no doubt that if I simply close it I'll have major problems. So now what?

Twice I closed it and re-started it with the same stalled results. I finally closed it and clicked the install .exe for the saved new version. It seems to have installed ok, I'm showing no issues and a new icon for the program. I logged into one site and was able to access the two places I could not access before. We'll see if this takes care of it, thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi Deb :)

You are most welcome!

If you have any questions, you can post them on the new area here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.