Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Need Help Installing A Game That Bd Blocks

Options

Hello,

I just purchased an indie game online called Gnomoria and when I try to install it, Bitdefender automatically deletes Gnomoria.exe before the game can finish installing.

According to its playerbase, that's a false positive. A few of its players were able to get around the problem with a little luck, but I've been unable to do so. The installer puts the files in to appdata/temp, and then moves the files to the installation directory, mine being C:\Games\Gnomoria. BitDefender automatically deletes the file when it's installed to temp and then the installer is unable to move the file to the game folder. I tried switching the real-time shield to quarantining files or blocking access, then I tried disabling the real time shields and all of the other features but it still kept on. I also added exclusions for the installer, the temp folder, the folder I'm trying to install the game to, and the folder the installer resides in. I also tried adding exclusions for all .exe files. After all of this, BitDefender still deleted Gnomoria.exe immediately.

I've been at this for hours to no avail. I'm really hoping there's something else I can do to get this game installed but I've tried everything I can think of that google's been able to provide me with. I'd hate to have to uninstall and then reinstall all of BitDefender just to install a simple game I bought today.

Comments

• Theta
    Options

Alright I was able to fix the problem. I updated from 2012 to 2013 and between uninstalling 2012 and installing 2013, I installed the game, and after 2013 was installed, I added it to the exception list, so now it's working.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Actually, the solution that I wanted to post was to create exclusions, but you managed to solve this :)

Have a great weekend!