Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Will Not Install

Options
cloud9
edited July 2012 in Installation

Hi everybody ! This is my first post .

I am having trouble installing Bitdefender Plus 13 on my 64 bit Win7 computer . The installer comes up with the three lines . Scanning , downloading and installing . The middle downloading line worked very quick but it has now bin scanning for 26 hours and that line has hardly moved . The bottom install line hasn't moved at all and I have not gotten any pop ups telling me to register I have a new hard drive and no spyware programs on my computer . Can I get some help please ?

Comments

• Hi everybody ! This is my first post .

I am having trouble installing Bitdefender Plus 13 on my 64 bit Win7 computer . The installer comes up with the three lines . Scanning , downloading and installing . The middle downloading line worked very quick but it has now bin scanning for 26 hours and that line has hardly moved . The bottom install line hasn't moved at all and I have not gotten any pop ups telling me to register I have a new hard drive and no spyware programs on my computer . Can I get some help please ?

I am sorry, I dont have any answers either, I too am having the same problem.

I previously had Norton for the last 5 years with NO PROBLEMS at all.........phone support fantastic!

I hate this that it takes so long to get an answer from anyone to try to get this sorted out.

Do you know if there is a phone number for support?

• cloud9
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I am sorry, I dont have any answers either, I too am having the same problem.

I previously had Norton for the last 5 years with NO PROBLEMS at all.........phone support fantastic!

I hate this that it takes so long to get an answer from anyone to try to get this sorted out.

Do you know if there is a phone number for support?

They sent me a support tool to fill out and a file that checks my computers insides then I send it back to them to see whats blocking my computer from installing the program . I am still waiting for them to get back with me . I never had this problem before . If I cant get it loaded I an going to ask for a refund . Very disappointed .
  • rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

Our phone support is available 24/7

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

Have you tried to install the product using the offline kit from here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Take care.

• raja99
    Options

Installing and uninstalling bitdefender is going to seem like as we are doing a big project work,

For me it took 4 hours and then to after installation so many problems

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your feedback!

Could you please provide me more details regarding this? A screenshot would be great.

[How to take a screenshot]

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard)

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint))

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format (BMP format is too big to send by e-mail)

5. Attach the screenshot in your next reply.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• raja99
    Options

When i uninstalled bitdefender my network connectivity is gone all programs are being hanged so i replaced a new windows xp sp3... Why can't u make installation simple like other antivirus products..

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The installation in Bitdefender simplified, double click on the kit and press I button. The product will be installed automatically. At the end, you will have to enter the license key and the credentials for the My Bitdefender account.

That's all you have to do.

Let me know if you encounter any issues with our products.

Take care.

• raja99
    Options

I am not referring to clicking one button.. Why all these errors during installation, before using this i used many products no where in the forum these many issues about installation may be after it .. But going to install your product is very difficult... not only me my friends are also facing the same problem. You yourself know how many topics are about installation problem. At least in the future build please make simple(It doesn't mean clicking one button and entering email).

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please provide me more details about those errors?

We need to further investigate this.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Please provide me more details about those errors?

We need to further investigate this.

Take care.

Christian, you are the man who made everything work this time last year.....i've done the repair on the program list so its not that, give me an email address so i can send you the error messages i am getting(took pictures with my phone), guys, if Christian can't fix it....its ######. the mans a god.

chris.

• columbo
    Options
    Christian, you are the man who made everything work this time last year.....i've done the repair on the program list so its not that, give me an email address so i can send you the error messages i am getting(took pictures with my phone), guys, if Christian can't fix it....its ######. the mans a god.

chris.

lol,....he's one of the best :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

@ tiffer23

Could you please send me all the details over PM ?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care.

• Hi everybody ! This is my first post .

I am having the exact same problem. I also have 64bit Win7 computers. However, the first one I installed on went without a hitch. The second one I have scanned up to 12 hours before cancelling. I have tried rebooting into safe mode... no luck. I have tried removing all programs from startup (unchecking them in system configuration startup)...no luck, and I have tried downloading the entire executable installation (250mb+) rather than doing the download thing... again no luck.

I just cancelled and got a refund on my Trend Micro Titanium as it let a trojan.generic.kdv onto my system which compromised my banking account and debit card. When I did online scans, BitDefender was the first to find it and remove it so I thought I would buy it and so I did. Well, it's installed on 1 machine, cannot install on the second machine and am waiting to see what happens on machine 2 before installing on machine 3. Will I have to cancel and get a refund on this too???

I have opened a ticket yesterday but have not heard back from anyone yet at BD. If anyone has solved this riddle please let me know.

Thanks,

Ken

• columbo
    Options

Hang in there Ken, as Bitdefender did catch what the other security solution didn't, and especially in the more critical situation you described.

For now, maybe just use the PC it installed on properly, until support can help you.

The other option is phone support, right click the system tray icon and About, will show you a phone number. Here is an all inclusive phone support link: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Ken :)

Welcome to the forums!

Could you please post here the ticket ID do I can search it in the system?

Also, have you used the uninstall tool for the previous security solution before installing Bitdefender?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150047

Have a great weekend!

• Hang in there Ken, as Bitdefender did catch what the other security solution didn't, and especially in the more critical situation you described.

For now, maybe just use the PC it installed on properly, until support can help you.

The other option is phone support, right click the system tray icon and About, will show you a phone number. Here is an all inclusive phone support link: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

Columbo

Thanks. Will do. Had to reinstall Windows Security Essentials in order to have some level of protection until this is ironed.

• Hello Ken :)

Welcome to the forums!

Could you please post here the ticket ID do I can search it in the system?

Also, have you used the uninstall tool for the previous security solution before installing Bitdefender?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150047

Have a great weekend!

Hi Christian. Yes, the ticket is 201208021030083. Thanks for looking into this. When I started the install with BD, it automatically uninstalled my previous solution. Secondly, yesterday, I checked my registry for any remnants of the previous solution and there were none.

• Having issues with BitDefender after OS install. Have a current subscription for BDIS 2011. How dow i get BIT Defender back ? HEEELLLLPPPP

• columbo
    Options

Hi GraceWithin, and welcome to the forum :)

If I may ask you a few questions that may give support a head start.

Are you having problems re-installing your 2011 version?

Are you trying to install to the newest 2013 version?

Are you having problems finding, or using your license key?

Again, any follow up information you provide can give support a more clear understanding of how they can help you get Bitdefender up and running on your PC.

Thank you for your help,

Columbo

• Hi GraceWithin, and welcome to the forum :)

If I may ask you a few questions that may give support a head start.

Are you having problems re-installing your 2011 version? Yes cant find

Are you trying to install to the newest 2013 version? Yes - read on forums for uninstall then re-install but asking for Lic key

Are you having problems finding, or using your license key? Yes, entered web site but cant find key under product info

Again, any follow up information you provide can give support a more clear understanding of how they can help you get Bitdefender up and running on your PC.

Thank you for your help,

Columbo

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi GraceWithin,

Thanks for answering those questions. You will need Christian's help in finding your key, as he may ask you to PM him with the information he will ask for.

If you had ordered it online, you should have a email confirmation with the license number, yet I know how emails can get lost, as well the boxes with the license keys, been there before ;)

If you want call phone support, here is a full list of numbers, as many of them are open 24 hrs a day. http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

And yes, as you know, you are eligible for the upgrade with a still active license, again which Christian or phone support can help you with. You can run Bitdefender in trial mode (30 days) if you want to wait here for Christian.

Thanks again for your help :)

Columbo

edit: cleaned up sentence

• TYVM

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :)

Were you able to get up and running, or are you going to wait here for Christian?

Thanks,

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello everyone :)

@ GraceWithin

Please check your PM for further instructions.

This topic is now to general and everyone has a different question or issue.

For those that still encounter issue with the installation process, please open a new topic and point to this one so I can see the initial report.

Have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.