Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 2013 Installation Difficulties

Options

Yesterday I upgraded my BD Antivirus 2011 to 2013. I have started to dislike renewal time as I know it's not going to go easily.

1. Uninstalled Antivirus 2011

2. Installed Anitvirus 2013

After the installing BD came up with a number of errors and sent off crash reports, I believe 3 in all

3. Uninstalled Anitvirus 2013 rebooted

4. Installed Anitvirus 2013

Following the install when I attempted to register the product with the number in the email it refused to accept it, said I could not use this number. I re-entered the number a couple of times and then clicked on the 30 day trial option, assuming I would sort out the registration after it was running properly.

I then encountered various issues, not able to update and no access to my wireless network.

5. Went away for a couple of hours and beat my head slowly against a wall.

6. Uninstalled Anitvirus 2013 rebooted

7 Installed Antivirus 2013, registered the product, now working, keeping my fingers crossed.

Why oh why can't Bitdefender patch in a complete uninstaller with the installation package, or at least breakdown the process into a number of steps such as uninstalling the previous product, sweeping clean with the BD uninstall application, immediately putting the system into reboot and of course warning the user that a reboot will happen in 'n' seconds unless a key is pressed.

Each time I upgrade BD Antivirus I hope that you have now sorted out the installation process but am usually left disappointed.

BTW the new software looks good, lets see how it works over the next 12 months.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

We do have an uninstall tool and soon will be upgrade to support Bitdefender 2013.

For now, we have a temporary tool to uninstall Bitdefender 2013 and the old one to uninstall Bitdefender 2012 or older products.

All the details were posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

Have a great weekend!

• ackroydchris
    Options

Welcome to the forums!

We do have an uninstall tool and soon will be upgrade to support Bitdefender 2013.

For now, we have a temporary tool to uninstall Bitdefender 2013 and the old one to uninstall Bitdefender 2012 or older products.

All the details were posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think you understood my email. I am quite aware there are uninstall tools I just what to know when BD programmers will improve the install procedure so that logging on to the forum and searching around for uninstall tools is not required. The majority of users want a trouble free installation and that means BD should pay more attention to the product installation. Come on you've being doing this long enough to make it easier to upgrade existing users of your software.

Have a good weekend.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

We have implemented in the installer to detect the older versions of Bitdefender and to automatically remove them. As for the other security solutions, the user has to remove them manually before the installation of our products.

Also, to access the support area on our website and forums, you don't have to register. You can view all the articles and topics as a guest.

Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great day!