Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Program Incompatibility Since Upgrading To 2013

Since I upgraded from BD 2012, I have been having issues to where my PC freezes or blue screens while trying to play World of Tanks.

Now, this only happens when I try to load a mod for the game that needs the Dokan Library to be able to connect to the WoT stats server. The game runs fine without it.

I need to be able to disable BD fully just to make for sure 100% that it is the Dokan that is causing the issue. Before I upgraded, it all worked fine. But now no longer does with 2013.

I doubt just disabling the realtime scanner will do it.

Comments

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭

No one knows how to disable it?

• Hi L.o.D. :)

I don't think Bitdefender can be totally disabled due to it's Self Protect feature, to keep malware from shutting Bitdefender down. It sounds like it would have to be done in safe mode by disabling services...maybe? Not sure you could do it totally while running your normal Windows in MSCONFIG. Here is an old thread, not sure if it applies to 2013 settings etc.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15484

• No one knows how to disable it?

Hi L.o.D.,

maybe you can try this: start button<search<administrative tools<services<bitdefender virus shield<right click<properties<disable<apply<ok

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭

I have tried that. But since it has that self protect feature, it tells me access denied, even when logged in as the TRUE admin. I am always in the default admin account as I never create any others. But I have once tried the true admin account once.

• hi.

first you need to boot to safe mode. then use CCleaner to access the startup registry entries ,

CClenaer>>tools section>>Startup . and simply right-click on Bdagent and choose "Disable"

then boot up to normal mode. BD would not be loaded and correspondingly all guards would be disabled.

regards,

Amin

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭

I play a game called World of Tanks with a stats mod called XVM.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/to...-mod-074-ready/

It uses a program called Dokan Library (http://dokan-dev.net/en/) to be able to connect to the WoT stats server.

Things ran well with BD IS 2012. That is, however, until I upgraded to BD IS 2013.

Even if the program is allowed in the AV & firewall settings, it causes a BSOD when I try to run the XVM mod. The mod cannot be ran with Dokan, which leads me to beleive it is Dokan & BD that have the issue.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have also sent a letter to the Dokan devs, but I thought it only fair to post here with the issue as well.

• L.o.D., I have the same issue. Just upgraded to BD IS 2013 last weekend and immediately had the issue with the XVM mod.

I found that Dokan installs a dokan.sys file in the Windows\System32\drivers folder and a dokan.dll file, in my case, in the Windows\System32\SysWOW64 folder. I added both of these files as exclusions in BD and then created a firewall rule for the XVM-Proxy.exe file to allow it to connect to its host server.

I also excluded the entire Dokan folder in the Programs Folder directory.

The World of Tanks program now launches and allows me to log in, but as soon as I select the option to start a battle, I get a reboot of my system.

I am going to try and exclude the WOT-XVM Proxy.exe process as well as the main WOT process to see if that helps at all.

Just wanted to add my experience to the issue too.

Thanks.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello everyone :)

Welcome (back) to the forums!

First of all, we are sorry for the situation created.

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Bitdefender is not active in Safe Mode and using AM!N instructions you can temporary disable it in Normal Mode too.

But then, your computer will be vulnerable.

In the current case, we recommend you to temporary disable On Access shield and Active Virus Control or create exclusions.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

Take care.

• Hi Christian, thank you for assisting.

I made the changes as you suggested, rebooted, and the situation remains the same.

I also removed the World of Tanks directory and exe files from the exclusions list and turned on game mode to try again, but even though the game let me log into the server, my system rebooted when apparently trying to load this particular modification to the World of Tanks program.

Any other things that we could try that may help?

Thank you

John Walker

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day!

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    edited July 2012

J Walker, I did all that as well with the BD settings to no avail.

It's also done this with a fresh install of Win7 x64.

I have placed the file in my Dropbox folder.

The link below is the public link. If it doesn't work, I will try one of the above.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/86135726/BDSP_SAND...07_25_11_25.zip

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭

I tried the above as well & it still crashed.

Please keep in mind that all worked well with BD IS 2012. Also worked well without BD IS 2013 installed.

After it was installed successfully, that is when the issue started.

• Christian,

I sent you a PM with my BD Support file. Thanks for any assistance.

• Same Problem -.- Instant Bluescreen after Start World of Tanks with XVM Mod and Dokan Libary.

Here are the Files List:

http://dokan-dev.net/en/

SystemFolder\dokan.dll
       Dokan user mode library

SystemFolder\drivers\dokan.sys
       Dokan File System Driver

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\mounter.exe
       Dokan mouter service

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\dokanctl.exe
       Dokan control program

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\dokan.lib
       Dokan import library

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\dokan.h
       Dokan library header

Have all Files add to exceptions but instant Bluescreen. Test with German Version and English Version (im from Switzerland). Please fix it Bitdefender. Actuall i have deleted Bitdefender. Its only BD have this Problem! ALL other Antivirus Software works with Dokan.

Please write here in Forum when is fixed so i can reinstall Bitdefender.

• mcs2006
    edited July 2012
    Same Problem -.- Instant Bluescreen after Start World of Tanks with XVM Mod and Dokan Libary.

Here are the Files List:

http://dokan-dev.net/en/

SystemFolder\dokan.dll
       Dokan user mode library

SystemFolder\drivers\dokan.sys
       Dokan File System Driver

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\mounter.exe
       Dokan mouter service

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\dokanctl.exe
       Dokan control program

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\dokan.lib
       Dokan import library

ProgramFilesFolder\Dokan\DokanLibrary\dokan.h
       Dokan library header

Have all Files add to exceptions but instant Bluescreen. Test with German Version and English Version (im from Switzerland). Please fix it Bitdefender. Actuall i have deleted Bitdefender. Its only BD have this Problem! ALL other Antivirus Software works with Dokan.

Please write here in Forum when is fixed so i can reinstall Bitdefender.

So, Problem solved. Buyed a gData Internet Security 2013 2 Yeras Licence. 2008-2011 Bitdefender was a Good Software but since 2012 only Problems.

Take my Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus Licence 2013 (over 400 Days Remaining):

Bye Bye Bitdefender! I Hate your Support since 2012!

• another angry customer :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012

mcs2006, even though you were upset, probably not a good way to go about it, especially putting an email address on public display, hopefully it's not your personal one? ;)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

So, Problem solved. Buyed a gData Internet Security 2013 2 Yeras Licence. 2008-2011 Bitdefender was a Good Software but since 2012 only Problems.

Take my Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus Licence 2013 (over 400 Days Remaining):

Code: E******

Login: b***

Passwd: ******

Bye Bye Bitdefender! I Hate your Support since 2012!

If you decide you want to reinstall Bitdefender again and learn that your license is black listed, please don't blame Bitdefender for it. You posted it on a public forum.

• another angry customer :)

True :(

mcs2006, even though you were upset, probably not a good way to go about it, especially putting an email address on public display, hopefully it's not your personal one? ;)

Not Realy ;) I`m not Stupid. My personal Mails are ...........gmx.ch

If you decide you want to reinstall Bitdefender again and learn that your license is black listed, please don't blame Bitdefender for it. You posted it on a public forum.

I DON`T want reinstall Bitdefender. Have Buy another Software (G Data Internet Security 2013 for 2 Years) and its works :) You can Take my Bitdefender Licence^^

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I am truly sorry for the delayed reply.

Could you please try this workaround and let me know if everything is OK after?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148092

Your cooperation on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭

I tried that workaround and I still crashed.

• Unfortunately, when I did the listed steps, my network applications stopped working, almost like a DNS error. I could ping by IP, Bitdefender was able to do signature updates, but nothing that needed name resolution would work.

I renamed the files back to the original names and now can browse the Internet again, but obviously will still have the other issue.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.18.0.1406(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

Please revert of the changes made to the product and reboot the PC.

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151654

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day!

• I am using that version but the above steps did not work for me either.

• So is this getting ignored now?

• Hello :)

Bitdefender is not active in Safe Mode and using AM!N instructions you can temporary disable it in Normal Mode too.

But then, your computer will be vulnerable.

In the current case, we recommend you to temporary disable On Access shield and Active Virus Control or create exclusions.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

Take care.

So you mean, whenever you excluded any extension or files, you have to reboot your pc to make it work?

And what if the installation requires unzip first, then the virus is in the tmp file. You know, everytime you try to install such app, it generates different tmp in different folder. I have tried to exclude exe, tmp extension, and exclude the upper class folder of tmp files, it still giving alerts, and terminates the installation. How do I deal with this kind of case then? I mean without deactivate BD in safe mode.

• I have the same situation, Dokan, upgraded to 2013 recently and BSODs on any attempt to start WoT with XVM addon.

Nothing was changed since these BSODs shows except BitDefender

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Could you please send us that application so we can analyze it?

I can tell then for sure if it is infected or is a False Positive.

Please post here the download link.

Have a great day!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The situation is reproducing with the latest product update?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=152958

Thank you!

• I am still getting the bsods with the current update of BD.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Could you please make these settings in the product and let me know if the situation is resolved?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153821

Take care.

• Tried all that & as soon as I click enter to log in, it blue screens.

• I have now uninstalled BD IS 2013 since there is no fix for the compatibility issues.

I can run the mod in question as normal without any crashes.

• I have now uninstalled BD IS 2013 since there is no fix for the compatibility issues.

I can run the mod in question as normal without any crashes.

Well so far I have not had one problem with BD 2013. After reading some of the threads I can see this site has a few above average members. I have tried and used quite a few AV,IS.MW. I have found one of the biggest failures I have run into is trying to install one program after removing another. I don't care if you removed traces out of the registory,32 file area what ever there will be always bits and pieces still left on your hard drive. Even if you do a full format using MS format there is still some files left on your hard drive. After formatting I was still having problems with programs in the past I started using third party programs to format which do a 100% better job and those programs will remove all traces.Yea I format on a regular base. Takes me now about 3.5 to 4 hours to 100% install all programs like it was when I started. I have seven hard drives on my system. Two external back-up drives. My "C" drive I have learned to never have anything important on it. All pictures and saved document go on a external back-up. Once in a while I back up the internal drive to the external back up drive. Here is a prime example of progams interfering with a new program. Last week I brought a program called Malwaresbytes, this was before installing BD. It locked my computer up over and over again. Even after removing all traces of that program it still gave my system a fit. So just for the heck of it I decided to format using a program called Wipedisk. Reinstalled W7 and then that program. Then reinstalled the rest and finally the BD program. No worries so far. Time for turn around, just a little over three hours. I am into flight simulator and beta test FS programs. Below is my system. It runs on a 5 foot water tower. Only two fan I have in the case intake blower and a blower for removing inside air. FSX takes a lot of juice. That program is on a seperate clean drive. XP,W8,Vista are on some of the other drives. Some 32 and some 64bit. Yea, I'm into the Solid State drives too. Anyway forget all that stuff. I will always say it will be always better to do a full format when installing this kind of a program instead of installing over top of other old programs. The cleaner the drive the better performance. Just my two cent.

post-109202-1345944359_thumb.jpg

• Mike, the issue is that BD IS 2012 worked fine with Dokan & xvm. But as soon as I upgraded to 2013 after a clean install, it blue screened. I uninstall BD & those apps work as they should.

Coincidence?

I doubt it.

BTW, that looks like an awesome system, but you need a bigger pic.

I've always wanted to try 3 32 inch HDTVs using eyefinity.

one day, I will do this.

• Mike, the issue is that BD IS 2012 worked fine with Dokan & xvm. But as soon as I upgraded to 2013 after a clean install, it blue screened. I uninstall BD & those apps work as they should.

Coincidence?

I doubt it.

BTW, that looks like an awesome system, but you need a bigger pic.

I've always wanted to try 3 32 inch HDTVs using eyefinity.

one day, I will do this.

I understand what you are saying. What are you calling a clean install. BTW, thanks for the comment on my system. I am getting ready to do a new build. This one is over 7 months old, and I normally don't keep one that long.The three 24" monitors do a good job for FSX. I am a senior admin at SOH and like playing with any type of a flight simulator. Something to keep this old ###### busy...lol. I am more into the hardware than the software, but still like playing with the software to see what kind of trouble I can get in. BTW you aren't using MS video drivers are you. If you have a older system, like over a year the 300 series drivers will give you the good old BSOD and freeze up you screen on some systems. What did your event viewer show when it BSOD? Also when I uploaded those pics they were large...the site down sized them. Is there a way to change that.

• I understand what you are saying. What are you calling a clean install. BTW, thanks for the comment on my system. I am getting ready to do a new build. This one is over 7 months old, and I normally don't keep one that long.The three 24" monitors do a good job for FSX. I am a senior admin at SOH and like playing with any type of a flight simulator. Something to keep this old ###### busy...lol. I am more into the hardware than the software, but still like playing with the software to see what kind of trouble I can get in. BTW you aren't using MS video drivers are you. If you have a older system, like over a year the 300 series drivers will give you the good old BSOD and freeze up you screen on some systems. What did your event viewer show when it BSOD? Also when I uploaded those pics they were large...the site down sized them. Is there a way to change that.

My video card is the HD 6870 using the latest official ATI drivers. I have been told about some modded drivers but do not know if they prevent the bsod or even the driver recovery errors that this card seems plagued with.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the Bitdefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safe Mode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading' under Update processing rules.

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!

Take care.

• hey_moe
    edited August 2012

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the Bitdefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safe Mode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading' under Update processing rules.

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!

Take care.

Well this morning was the first time I have seen the BSOD...lol. After rebooting within a minute of reading the local news it froze my system. Force another reboot. That lasted about 5 minutes before locking up. Another forced reboot. Seems ok now for now. Now I got to make my mind up if if I want to keep putting up with this or wait for a patch. Program wasn't very well thought of before it was released. Will wait a couple of weeks to see if they release a patch. BTW, I haven't seen a BSOD in I can't remember when. I like this program but will start looking for a replacement in the mean time. I like to give them a chance to see if they take care of their customers first and come out with a proper fix.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

Also, could you please pack all the files from this folder and upload them on the same file server? Send me the download link on the same message.

C:\Windows\Minidump

Have a nice day.

• I installed BitDefender yesterday, and also started experiencing difficulties with World of Tanks.

Though I sometimes do have crashes anyway, I get a lot of them since I have BitDefender. I did not have such difficulties with NOD32. I do have BitDefender in Game mode, and will try to have the firewall disabled (=switched back to the default windows firewall) from tonight on.

For me the game freezes usually at the start or end of a game (so loading the battle area or after viewing the scores and pressing escape to return to the garage.

I run the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

WoT is a free on-line game, so you can get the full version on-line at worldoftanks.com.

They also have an on-line support/bug ticket system, so getting in touch with them to solve the issue should be possible. It only might be a bit annpoying because at first you get some standard responses where thet ask for the DxDiag and game logs.

I'm willing to help with testing if needed.

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.20.0.1483(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry157184

Have a nice day.

• Hello,

i'm having the same problems as mentioned above.

Since yesterday, i've installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 after Norton antivirus that was installed by the computervendor.

I was playing WOT before and it worked fine.

But since yesterday, i'm encountering the same problems as i had on my previous laptop with Bitdefender versions 2011 and 2012.

WOT is loading very slow in start-up of the game, and when i try to log-on to play a battle, loading times are extreme long, some battles may be over when i would be ready to play.

I didn't had the problem with the Norton antivirus solution.

So i've the latest version of Bitdefender installed, totally updated but still having the same troubles.

Is there a possibility to solve this without the need to disable Bitdefender, what i don't want to do because of security reasons (i'm doing other stuff as surfing when playing, not the best combination but... :P )

Greetings from Belgium;)

(i don't speak English as native language, so if i wrote something wrong, sorry for that;)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.23.0.1637(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

Have a nice day.

• Is this issue not resolved yet? I am having exactly the same problem described by L.o.D.

I am using:

Intel Core i7 720QM

AMD Radeon Mobility HD 5870

Bitdefender 2013

The latest versions of Dokan and XVM

• @Christian you got an PN with the Uplload as described in the Link. Hopefully this helps to realize the problem.....

VG,

Lys

I've looked over the dumps and the issue is caused by: xvm-stat.exe

http://code.google.com/p/dokan/issues/detail?id=268

As, you can see over here:

http://dokan.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/dokan/readme.txt

Misc

====

If there are bugs in Dokan library or file system applications which use the library, you will get the Windows blue screen. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to use Virtual Machine when you develop file system applications.

The issue is not caused by our product.

Thank you!

The issue is not caused by our product.

Hello

I'm not exactly sure what you are implying, Christian. I hope its not a case of shifting the blame. We all want a solution for a product we have paid for. Nothing else, & we appreciate your help in the matter.

I am also having the issue described in the OP after upgrading from Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 to 2013.

As the OP & many others have already pointed out (& I'll reiterate), the program "XVM" (xvm-stat.exe, yes we are all aware) in conjunction with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, is causing BSOD/system freeze. These problems do not occur with only XVM installed , or even along with Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 installed.

Are you saying that Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 is not, in any way, responsible for the BSOD/system crashes? The name of the OP thread itself should make it clear of what is being asked here. Both products, XVM & Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, work well independently, but not together. We want to know why, or more importantly, we would like them to work together, like Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 did.

Are you still going to repeat that quote?

• Well same issue for me here (I only discovered this forum after having reinstalled my PC twice) I am keen on getting an official Bitdefender position on wether or not your company intends to solve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.