Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Important Pre-sales Questions Regarding Bd Total 2012

Options

I am deciding to buy 1 PC license of bitdefender total security 2012, as such please answer the following question below.

1) Lets say that i installed this license in my PC and after some time i changed the harddisk or formatted(removed windows and re-installed) existing one. Then is it possible to re-activate bitdefender license ?

2) How far i can go about and do the re-activation with this 1 PC license ?

3) I have already initiated the buying process of bitdefender 2012 with www.flipkart.com website, and its mentioned in the BD website that it released 2013 so how can i upgrade to 2013 free of charge ?

Interestingly waiting for the answers from BD experts

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to our forums!

Let me answer to your questions.

1. You can reinstall the product over and over without any limits. Make sure that you only install it on 1 or 3 PCs, depending on your license.

2. You can reactivate it on the same PC, but do not use it on several PC because it will be blacklisted.

3. By the product from there or our website www.bitdefender.com and after you receive the activation key, please use these instructions to install Bitdefender 2013:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Let me know if you have other questions!

Take care.

• manutechalpy308
    edited July 2012
    Options

1. You can reinstall the product over and over without any limits. Make sure that you only install it on 1 or 3 PCs, depending on your license.

2. You can reactivate it on the same PC, but do not use it on several PC because it will be blacklisted.

Thats what iam wondering How will you decide that iam using the same PC ? bcz if something serious replacement worthy happen to my hardisk then will you be blacklisting me ?

And dont know whether its right or wrong thing to ask this question. So please answer the following questions

1) Which component or a combination of components of my PC that u consider as a legitimate point to while list my PC ?

2) Does that point change if i format my hardisk and reinstall windows ?

interestingly waiting to know more .

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

During the update process, we check how many unique sessions are on. If we find only one or 3, depending on your license key, you don't have to worry about anything.

No matter how many times you install the product, if it will be active only on 1 or 3 PC, you can replace components from your PC or change the system.

Have a great weekend!

• manutechalpy308
    edited July 2012
    Options
    During the update process, we check how many unique sessions are on. If we find only one or 3, depending on your license key, you don't have to worry about anything.

See Iam not going to update BD(with 3 lic) on 3 machines simultaneously most probably i will be updating it successively or as and when the system gets free from it user. and what if one of the machine get crashed and i need to install in another machine ?

So in that case only one session will be active right ?

Could you please explain it more elaborately with an example ?

• Lionet
    Options
    See Iam not going to update BD(with 3 lic) on 3 machines simultaneously most probably i will be updating it successively or as and when the system gets free from it user. and what if one of the machine get crashed and i need to install in another machine ?

So in that case only one session will be active right ?

Could you please explain it more elaborately with an example ?

Hi manutech,

In the past, I bought a 3 lic for three machines, only updated two on a regular basis, the third once every three weeks, and reformat the HD of one currently used machine twice in a year without any problem. Oh yes, I had a problem with the software version (change of soft) and I asked for help on the forum, so... no problem.

I guess you could ask for help when it comes.

You do not plan to reformat your HD on every machines every week? :P

Best regards

L.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

During the installation, our products creates an unique ID for that machine, like a fingerprint. This is permanently checked during the update process. If an ID is not active for several weeks, the servers declare it inactive and will only take in consideration the ones that are active. So basically you can reinstall the product without any worries, it won;t get your license blacklisted.

Also, if you encounter any issue, you can contact us and we will provide you a new license if needed.

Take care.

• Now there are some more questions

1) What is this file "File Shredder" feature in BD Total security ?

2) Encrypting files are the best method to protect them from viruses but what in the context of BD does this file encryption feature means ?

3) Can we encrypt huge files ? does that derails the system performance ?

4) Does BD assures 100% protection from viruses and all other unwanted threat ? if not to what percentage does BD protects these things ?

5) And finally, how can i become a re-seller in India ? what all are the condition to be met in order to become a re-seller ?

Eagerly waiting to hear from you

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Let me provide you some answer to those questions:

1. File Shredder will delete the files and no recovery application will be able to restore the file.

2. Bitdefender File Vault creates a safe zone on your device in which you can store sensitive data. The best way to protect data is on an external device or online via Safebox.

3. We do not recommend you to encrypt files. If you do it, please remember the password because without it you won;t be able to recover those files.

4. No antivirus product in this world can assure 100% protection. If you see an ad from a company in the industry with 100% protection against malware, we recommend you not to buy or run something from that website.

You can check the latest award the we received from AV Comparatives right here:

http://av-comparatives.org/images/docs/avc_prot_2012a_en.pdf

5. Regarding the reseller application, I will send your email address to Pablo and he will provide you all the required information.

Take care.

• okay thanks very much.

Some more questions....

1) For how long i will get updates once i became a BD total customer ?

2) When i downloaded your trial version it took considerable amount of time to install completely and that too with net connection. Is it same for original version in the package ?

expecting answers soon.... :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

As long as you have an active license, you will receive hourly updates and upgrade for free to a new version released.

The trial version and the one with the license are the same, the first one has 30 days free included, the other one you have to put in the license to activate it. Did you sue the online kit(the small one, around 2.5 MB) or the offline kit?

Take care.