Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[in Progress] Show New Replies To My Posts.

Options
Charyb
Charyb ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in General

I don't see any other category to post this in so I created it in the general section.

Is there a forum function that allows me to see only the new replies to my posts? I keep losing track of threads that I have posted in and others have responded in.

I can't find this anywhere.

Thanks

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

The only thing I could figure to do, is to Track This Topic (not checking the email notification) and checking out any status in My Controls -> View Topics (make sure to check show "topics from" the amount of days at the bottom). At least from there you can remember the threads, and see if someone has answered since your last post. I'm not sure if IP. Board is set up to be able to see post for post replies...Christian knows ;)

BDTracktopics2.jpg

edit: I thought I would see if it updated correctly, and now you could see someone (me) had answered your post. Again, I know it's not post for post (new replies to posts) but...

BDTracktopics3.jpg

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

A bit more manual than I was looking for but it will have to do unless Christian knows of a different way. Maybe they can add this feature to the forum?

Thanks Columbo!

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

You're welcome :) Hopefully Christian (or someone else here) will have an answer, and know of an easier option.

• columbo
    Options

I'ts me again :D

I know you know about this one, but it may still be quicker than what I did in post #2, Track Topic/My Controls/etc.etc. is to click your user name and click on Find your posts, and see what one you may want to see if someones replied to...until we find out a better way ;)

shommyopsts.jpg

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

This probably won't change anything, but I sent a message to IPS regarding the features of IP.Board. I wanted to see if the Show New Replies To My Posts feature is available but the moderators have not enabled it for some reason.

Thanks for the help, Columbo. I will look into what you have suggested.

• columbo
    Options

So it is an option, just not enabled here, interesting. Nice detective work, Charyb :)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So it is an option, just not enabled here, interesting. Nice detective work, Charyb :)

No. I haven't found out if the feature is available or not. My last post may not have been clear. Sorry about that.

• peleus
    Options

I think the feature could help us very well in notifying us about new replies. Would be nice to know if this is something that would be available. smile2.png

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

A have received 3 emails from IPS support.

Shortened email response from IPS support:

"the 'Follow' system was added in IP.Board 3.1, I believe. As far as I am aware, the ability to follow topics automatically in this nature has been a feature for about 2-3 years, and the ability to "subscribe" to a topic has been a feature much longer than that, however, yes, it is a built in feature of IP.Board."

As long as Bitdefender is using 3.1 or above, this is doable. Of course, we need the administrator to discuss, approve and implement this. And maybe a few more votes.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Actually we are one step ahead and upgrading the forums to the new version of IPB is on "the table" since last month :D

We will install IPB 3.x(latest version) on a new server, we will import the current database in it and after we will run some tests, we will import the most recent database in it and move it back here.

We will also have to customize the default theme, is going to take some time.

Also, we are searching for some antispam filters to keep bots out(compatible with the platform).

I will keep you up to date with the progress. Also, when the change will be made, the forums will be offline for a few hours.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for that info. Christian. Sounds like some nice upgrades and features :)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

Great news! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012
    Options

Since there are going to be some forum changes made, maybe we could also have a new section called General Talk, or Water Cooler, so that we as members can talk about anything (within general forum guidelines as far as etiquette) and exchange ideas? Or should I post this in Feature Request for greater visibility and member feedback?

I know we can PM each other, but Charyb, and golfe had some good thoughts and insights about misc. software, utilities, security concepts, etc. that would be nice for others to see and give feedback and discussion on. Even stuff like what are your favorite games, etc.

Just a thought :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I will post here new information as soon as I receive them.

Take care.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

I have another thing to add. With new forum layout, please have the topic title at the beginning of each post. After reading a dozen posts, it's easy to forget what the original topic was especially if there are many off-topic posts in the thread. It's no fun having to scroll to the top of the page to be reminded what the topic is.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

I don't know if that is possible in IPB 3, but I will see what can be made.

Take care.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know if that is possible in IPB 3, but I will see what can be made.

Take care.

Is there any news regarding this forum upgrade?

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

I didn't mean to quote the text in my previous post and cannot edit it out. My question is regarding information on the full forum upgrade and not what I have quoted.