Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lost Network Computers

Options

Since moving to Bitdefender my spare computer and the dlink plug internet connectors no longer connect to the internet

anyway of checking why

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Post your Firewall Settings. Also read this post Recommended Settings For Bitdefender Firewall

• mgzteed
    Options
    Post your Firewall Settings. Also read this post Recommended Settings For Bitdefender Firewall

Intrusion detection Normal

Block port scan on rest off.

already done the recommended settings ta ;0

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Intrusion detection Normal

Block port scan on rest off.

already done the recommended settings ta ;0

What about Windows Firewall? What error message you are getting?

Also post your system architecture, I mean detail of CPU, Network Adapter, Network Connection and Windows version.

• mgzteed
    edited July 2012
    Options
    What about Windows Firewall? What error message you are getting?

Also post your system architecture, I mean detail of CPU, Network Adapter, Network Connection and Windows version.

Message I'm getting.

with the spare computer it says can't find server, with the pc connected to the Dlink plug it says can't find internet, in both instances my main computer has no problem.

win 7 on a 2.66ghz intel cpu with 4gb of memory using a BT hub connecting to BTinternet

doesn't bitdefender turn windows firewall off?. it is off by the way

• coolcool1227
    Options

Ok, use cross-over network cable to connect directly to your Modem and ping it. Disconnect all other PCs.

Also check with wireless connection.

Bitdefender does turn OFF the Windows Firewall. I was asking just to troubleshoot the issue.

• mgzteed
    Options
    Ok, use cross-over network cable to connect directly to your Modem and ping it. Disconnect all other PCs.

Also check with wireless connection.

Bitdefender does turn OFF the Windows Firewall. I was asking just to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks again

wireless connection fine,

Sorry I'm misunderstanding I think. I have a router not a modem and its connected directly to the pc and I have no problem with that. Now are you asking me to connect directly to the other pc directly instead of via the network Dlink plugs ? If so I can't its a long way away, that's why I use the Dlink plugs.

If you are asking to connect the other pc directly, have done and no problem with a round trip time of 27 milliseconds :)

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Thanks again

wireless connection fine,

Sorry I'm misunderstanding I think. I have a router not a modem and its connected directly to the pc and I have no problem with that. Now are you asking me to connect directly to the other pc directly instead of via the network Dlink plugs ? If so I can't its a long way away, that's why I use the Dlink plugs.

If you are asking to connect the other pc directly, have done and no problem with a round trip time of 27 milliseconds :)

How much long way? What are Dlink plugs? Are you talking about Dlink Network Switch? What Network Cable do you use and whats their length? Check with some other Network Switch.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Did your problem fixed? Did you try wireless connectivity?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.18.0.1406(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151654

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.

• How much long way? What are Dlink plugs? Are you talking about Dlink Network Switch? What Network Cable do you use and whats their length? Check with some other Network Switch.

Several metres through 3foot thick walls :) Wireless is impossible at that distance and I'd need a very long cable to say nothing of drilling through several very thick walls.

Dlink plugs are plugs which transfer the signal via the electric circuit within the house.

The cable to the router is normal size 2 foot max.

The spare computer is now working after I swapped the cable

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad to hear that.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.