Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] License Key Is Not Working After Upgradation

Options
partchak
edited July 2012 in Installation

Hi,

I have a Subscription License for Bitdefender Internet Security 2012. Key validity has 146 days left. I have upgraded to Internet Security 2013 as specified by Forum http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42 to get rid of BSOD.

But after installing Internet Security 2013, Old license key is not working.

While entering the license key, I got message about unable to validate the license key. Now Internet Security 2013 is running as 30 days trial version.

Please help.

Regards,

Partha

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi partchak, and welcome :)

Let's try something to see if this would help, as maybe something was corrupted during the install.

First, let's uninstall your 2013 version using the uninstaller for that version, found here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804 restart your PC.

Then, just to be sure, run the uninstaller for the previous version (2012) that was a part of your post link, just to be sure, I know it sounds like a bit of overkill, but... then restart your PC.

Run CCleaner free version in clean mode, and in registry mode, only delete any Bitdefender keys that are left (you can create a back up if desired).

Then, download the offline full installer kit of Bitdefender from here, and run the install, and see if everything will validate.

Hope this helps :)

Columbo

• Hi Columbo,

Thanks!!

I will try the procedure as you described.

Regards,

Partha

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Partha :)

If you encounter any issues after following those steps, please send me a PM with the license key and your email address(the one that you used to purchase Bitdefender).

Thank you!

• Hi Columbo :)

I have tried as per procedure but without success :(

While registering, It says Key is invalid!

Hi Christian,

I have PMed you the key with email id

Regards,

Partha

• columbo
    Options

Hi Partha :)

Thanks for the try, at least now have have a nice clean install of Bitdefender to register your soon to be key Christian is going to provide for you.

Take care,

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

@ partchak

I have sent you a new license key via PM, please register the product with that key.

The old license key will be invalidated soon.

Thank you!

• Hi Christian,

Fantastic !!! :)

New license key is working.

Thank to you and Columbo for great support.

You guys are amazing !!

This thread is solved now and can be closed.

Regards,

Partha

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for your kind words Partha, and your follow up post :) Christian will be happy to hear it, (as I was to)..if he can't get you up and running, no one can. :D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Since the situation was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

columbo, thank you for your support.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.