Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Trial 2013 And License Key Purchase 2012

Options

I am currently running 2013 Total Security trial version successfully.

I can purchase locally the 2012 version for 3 users / 2 years at a great price. Should I uninstall the 2013 and start over with 2012 or is there a upgrade price or another way to leave the 2013 installation as it is and use the 2012 license key (after paying an upgrade price I presume)?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi BitMonts :)

Yes, that 7 key code from the box will be good for the 2013 version, just make sure it's for like kind, i.e. Security Suite for Security Suite, Total Security for Total Security etc. If the boxed version is for the Security Suite, then there would need to be some changes made, let us know.

The trial version is a full/total version, so no need to uninstall.

If you have any other questions, let us know :)

Columbo

• I am currently running 2013 Total Security trial version successfully.

I can purchase locally the 2012 version for 3 users / 2 years at a great price. Should I uninstall the 2013 and start over with 2012 or is there a upgrade price or another way to leave the 2013 installation as it is and use the 2012 license key (after paying an upgrade price I presume)?

So the 2012 Total Security key I am buying will unlock the 2013 Total Security Trial version I downloaded?

• columbo
    Options

Yes,that is correct, as long as it's a legit vendor/retail copy, it will work. All 2012 users are able to upgrade to the 2013 with the same 2012 key.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...r-2013-711.html

• Yes,that is correct, as long as it's a legit vendor/retail copy, it will work. All 2012 users are able to upgrade to the 2013 with the same 2012 key.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...r-2013-711.html

Great, thanks!

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome. It sounds like you got a great deal.

Let us know if you need anything else.

:)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

The keys that have 7 digits are perfectly compatible with Bitdefender 2011/2012 and 2013 no matter the version that you bought.

The old keys, the ones that have 20 characters can be used on the mentioned products and also the old products like Bitdefender 2008/2009 and 2010.

Thank you!

• The 2012 keys worked great on the trial 2013! Thanks

• columbo
    Options

Super, glad you're up and running, and with a nice clean initial install, as you had going there.

Thanks for posting back.

:)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

We are glad to hear that.

In this case, I declare the topic resolved.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.