Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Can't Login To Mybitdefender In Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 (in Fact, No Activation P

Options
muhlba91
edited July 2012 in Installation

Hi,

after performing a successful installation the last step of the first steps is to login into MyBitdefender to activate/register the purchased product.

Unfortunately, I experienced a weird issue when logging in here because I always get the error message "In the execution of this action is an unexpected error occurred." (translated from German -> I attached a screenshot although this is in German!). In fact, I can't activate/register my product using my license key and I haven't found any possibility to perform an offline activation.

What I tried so far:

* restarting several times

* completely removing Bitdefender using the Uninstall tool provided in this forum and performing several reboots afterwards

* submit a report via the Help dialog in Bitdefender -> the next weird issue: the tool that runs in the last step runs forever (it ran about two hours yesterday without performing anything...)

* contacting your support team directly didn't work on all my browsers and Operating Systems (I can press the send button, but just like in the point above the red progress indicators run forever -> I cancelled those operations after about 15-30 minutes...)

I also performed a login using a false password and discovered that the false password is detected. In fact, I assume that the connection to your servers work but they refuse all my authentication attempts. :wacko:

Does anybody else had such a problem and solved it or what should I do to activate my product successfully? (btw. entering the license key without being logged in says that my product is now activated but in reality this didn't happen because Bitdefender says it is running in trial mode - I assume that this is a side effect of my main problem)

Thanks, regards Daniel

post-107733-1343465203_thumb.jpg

Comments

• try login to this page:

https://my.bitdefender.com

• Yep, there it works without any problems. It's just if I try to login via the application - it wouldn't be so nasty if I could activate/register my product without perforimg a login to MyBitdefender via the application... :(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi Daniel :)

You have there an option to skip the activation(Ask me later button). Please do that. Now reboot the PC and open Bitdefender. In the main interface in the top right corner you have a My Bitdefender button. Please click on it and try to activate the product from there.

If this is not working, please send me a PM with your email address(the one that you used to register the My Bitdefender account) and your license key.

Thank you!

• Thank you for your contact - now my login and activation worked!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

You are most welcome!

I declare this situation resolved.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.