Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install Problem

Options

Alright, i am going nuts trying to install BD internet security 2013 over my bd internet security 2012, Keeps saying i need to uninstall Kaspersky, I dont have Kaspersky, and when i reinstall bd 2012 internet security it goes on with no problem, ive done the procedure at least 10 times HELP, Rick

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcoem to the forums!

Use the uninstall tool to remove the other security solution, you will find it in this list:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150047

Reboot.

Now, install Bitdefender 2013 by following these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Let me know if everything is OK after.

Take care.

• No luck, tried kaspersky tool, still say's kaspersky needs to be manually uninstalled, but my BD 2012 internet security can be reinstalled after the 2013 say's unstall kaspersky

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a password on that other security product?

That tool should clean all the leftovers. Did you restarted the PC?

Take care.

• columbo
    Options

Hi Rickster,

Try this, go to C: drive, and allow to see hidden files; Windows menu bar/Organize/Folder and Search Options/View/Show hidden files/apply. Now see if there are any Kaspersky files left in these locations: Program Files (x86) and Program Data, if there are delete, them. Also, download and run CCleaner free version, and run the Registry scanner, and only delete any Kaspersky keys it may show. Reboot your PC, and follow Christians install link (instructions), and see if that works.

Cloumbo

• Hi Rickster,

Try this, go to C: drive, and allow to see hidden files; Windows menu bar/Organize/Folder and Search Options/View/Show hidden files/apply. Now see if there are any Kaspersky files left in these locations: Program Files (x86) and Program Data, if there are delete, them. Also, download and run CCleaner free version, and run the Registry scanner, and only delete any Kaspersky keys it may show. Reboot your PC, and follow Christians install link (instructions), and see if that works.

Cloumbo

Hi,

If it's not work, you should use "Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products" to completely uninstalling.

• columbo
    Options

Thanks friend, I think that was tried in post #2 - 3 :)

• coolcool1227
    Options
    No luck, tried kaspersky tool, still say's kaspersky needs to be manually uninstalled, but my BD 2012 internet security can be reinstalled after the 2013 say's unstall kaspersky

Interesting situation. Lets troubleshoot it.

Did you try to unistall with the latest Uninstall Tool? Sometimes the Kaspersky items from the Device Manger are not completely removed even if we use the Kaspersky Uninstall Tool. Once I also faced this issue and fix it myself by uninstalling Kaspersky from the old Uninstall Tool, (e.g the previous one from the latest), and not with the latest.

Go to Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices, find the Kaspersky entry and try to uninstall it from Safe Mode.

You can also read this post "How To Completely Uninstall Bitdefender, also read my post #9.

I hope this will help you.

• columbo
    Options

Not sure if Rickster ever had to quarantine anything, but upon uninstalling the tool usually asks what to do with the Quarantine folder. Just in case, here is a link for that folder location too. http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/tech?...p;qid=208284387

Also, I should have mentioned in my previous post, to run CCleaner in normal mode also, as this will clean the temp files etc. and the recycle bin of any deleted Kaspersky folder found.

• Thanks guys, still working at it, no luck yet

• Perhaps it has a registry entry lurking away that needs to manually be deleted?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

No luck in that Kaspersky still shows up as an issue, when you try to install Bitdefender?

• columbo
    Options
    Perhaps it has a registry entry lurking away that needs to manually be deleted?

CCleaner can tend to be a little conservative in what it may find, that's' why I like it, as you can't shoot yourself in the foot to bad with it (let alone it's back up feature). So a good old fashioned look through the registry could just be just the ticket, but when in doubt about what and where, post back here.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you run all the tools with "Run as administrator" ?

I have tested myself the scenario posted here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151489 and it is working 100%.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

There is XML file in Bitdefender which contain the information about the installed incompatible products e.g Antivirus softwares. I forget its name and location. This file has some registry key associated to all of them. e.g in your case there is some registry key detection for Kaspersky. Check it and locate the same in the registry and delete it manually.

I doubt that that the XML file that contain above said information is now different in 2013 version than from 2012 version.

By the way did you try the procedure with the said tools as explained here How To Completely Uninstall Bitdefender? For all said you have to logon from the Windows Administrator account.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Actually the new file embedded in the installer detects most of the other security solutions on the market.

If you see one undetected during Bitdefender install process, Omer, please send me a PM and I will make a request.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Actually the new file embedded in the installer detects most of the other security solutions on the market.

If you see one undetected during Bitdefender install process, Omer, please send me a PM and I will make a request.

Thank you!

Yet I don't have such. As Rickster mentioned in his first post that 2012 has no problem but 2013 has, so I said that the Bitdefender 2013 may have different XML file from 2012 version that contain the information about the installed incompatible products.

By the way would you like to tell us the name and location of that XML file in Bitdefender 2012 and 2013 versions?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Omer :)

Please unpack the installer and look in the Extern.

Using those files, the other security products are detected.

Let me know if you discovered any new versions undetected in your tests.

Have a great weekend!

• coolcool1227
    Options

@ Rickster: Did your problem fixed?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

He will provide us with his feedback here soon, I think.

Have a great day!