Separate Notification/pop-up Settings For All Modules

There should be separate Notification/Pop-up Settings for all Module and their Sub-options instead of Paranoid Mode and User Mode.

Lets take the example of Antivirus Module, we have set ON the notification option for the Antivirus Module, which have sub-options AVC, RTP malware detection, etc and we can turn OFF AVC related notifications/pop-ups but can turn ON the same for RTP Malware Detection.

Comments

• They should also be classified as Critical, Informative, Warnings etc.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012

ONT, you are so sharp and so far ahead of me, that the first post options and notifications you mentioned, would just confuse me in not knowing what they meant.

Now your send post is more of what I, who consider myself more of a normal user, could understand. Otherwise, I think allot of "normal users" may become confused. I could be wrong?

Just my thoughts :)

• ONT, you are so sharp and so far ahead of me, that the first post options and notifications you mentioned, would just confuse me in not knowing what they meant.

Now your send post is more of what I, who consider myself more of a normal user, could understand. Otherwise, I think allot of "normal users" may become confused. I could be wrong?

Just my thoughts :)

I try to explain in some more detail that e.g in the Firewall Module the notification can be for the following options , Block Port Scan (Critical), Adding/Modifying the Application Rules that try to access internet (Informative), Wi-Fi Notificatins (Informative), Any Network Intrusion by malware (Critical) etc. And all these notification are user selectable i.e the user can select any of them or all of them.I want to say that if the user enable the Firewall Module Notification but don't want to see the Wi-Fi Notifications / Pop-ups, just disable for it.

The classification of the Notifications/Pop-ups as Critical, Informative, Warnings etc can be in different colors as well.

The requested feature is for Advanced Users. Novice Users or the users that don't like the Pop-ups can simply disable this option.

• Any reply from technical support?

• I try to explain in some more detail that e.g in the Firewall Module the notification can be for the following options , Block Port Scan (Critical), Adding/Modifying the Application Rules that try to access internet (Informative), Wi-Fi Notificatins (Informative), Any Network Intrusion by malware (Critical) etc. And all these notification are user selectable i.e the user can select any of them or all of them.I want to say that if the user enable the Firewall Module Notification but don't want to see the Wi-Fi Notifications / Pop-ups, just disable for it.

The classification of the Notifications/Pop-ups as Critical, Informative, Warnings etc can be in different colors as well.

The requested feature is for Advanced Users. Novice Users or the users that don't like the Pop-ups can simply disable this option.

I can go for that as it makes total sense! B)

• werby3
    edited October 2012

Hello

I totally agree with ONT (especially for Wi-Fi notifications)

Regards

• AVC and IDS pop-up should also be classified. At present whenever the malicious application is executed there is no indication whether it is detected by AVC or IDS.

• I try to explain in some more detail that e.g in the Firewall Module the notification can be for the following options , Block Port Scan (Critical), Adding/Modifying the Application Rules that try to access internet (Informative), Wi-Fi Notificatins (Informative), Any Network Intrusion by malware (Critical) etc. And all these notification are user selectable i.e the user can select any of them or all of them.I want to say that if the user enable the Firewall Module Notification but don't want to see the Wi-Fi Notifications / Pop-ups, just disable for it.

Thank you for that clarification ONT, I appreciate it :)

Voted

• There is also no indication for "Inbound" and "Outbound" Network Traffic. So I also suggest to implement said notifications.

• No words from the support till now on this post.

• tsmith35
    edited January 2013
    No words from the support till now on this post.

I'd like to see advanced dialogs provided as well. I can't have software deleting and blocking without some way of controlling it. I nearly bought the 5-user package, but read about the lack of dialogs in a review. Glad I read about the problem before I purchased.

For basic interface users, the lack of any dialog means that the user, having no knowledge of what they were protected from, will continue to try and do the same things. No learning takes place, so the user will continue to do the same dangerous things, blissfully unaware of the danger they were in. Not good.

• I'd like to see advanced dialogs provided as well. I can't have software deleting and blocking without some way of controlling it. I nearly bought the 5-user package, but read about the lack of dialogs in a review. Glad I read about the problem before I purchased.

For basic interface users, the lack of any dialog means that the user, having no knowledge of what they were protected from, will continue to try and do the same things. No learning takes place, so the user will continue to do the same dangerous things, blissfully unaware of the danger they were in. Not good.

I strongly agree with you. They are removing some of the very fundamental and useful feature by their own. Can't understand what they dreamed of the user's skills?

• Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

I will clone all new ideas on our system and developers will review them soon.

Thank you!

• I'd like to see advanced dialogs provided as well. I can't have software deleting and blocking without some way of controlling it. I nearly bought the 5-user package, but read about the lack of dialogs in a review. Glad I read about the problem before I purchased.

1. The vast majority of users could care less what they were protected from as long as they are protected.

2. Doing the same thing over again does not necessarily lead to a malcious attack or malware infection again. For example there could be a watering hole attack on legitimate popular website. It does not mean that the malcious attack won't be elimated and repeated.

I am all for detailed logs that advanced users love to dig into. However, access to these logs should be kept out of the way and not cluttering up the main program.

As far as more pop-up notifications that would be good provided they were all turned off by default except for those requiring a user action as a result of the pop-up notification.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    1. The vast majority of users could care less what they were protected from as long as they are protected.

2. Doing the same thing over again does not necessarily lead to a malcious attack or malware infection again. For example there could be a watering hole attack on legitimate popular website. It does not mean that the malcious attack won't be elimated and repeated.

I am all for detailed logs that advanced users love to dig into. However, access to these logs should be kept out of the way and not cluttering up the main program.

As far as more pop-up notifications that would be good provided they were all turned off by default except for those requiring a user action as a result of the pop-up notification.

Could you please enlighten me as to what a watering hole attack is.

• Also include Product Notification settings like in 2011 version.

• If a Bitdefender detect multiple events by the same Module e.g if it found multiple threats and display the pop-up many times, mention a count on that pop-up for respective Module event (Antivirus Module in this case).